Crysis 2 PC edition OT

They removed it from the MP for controllers to stifle the whining from PC users.

They kept it for the SP. So now if you use a gamepad of any sort in the MP, you get demolished.

Ahh...didn't know that. Ok I'll totally skip mp then since I'm a gamepad player, and just stick to sp which is pretty cool anyways.

They removed it from the MP for controllers to stifle the whining from PC users.
Ah yeah, I rather doubt there is any way around that though. I prefer the mouse and keyboard myself, but had no issue with giving controller users a bit of aim assist. It's funny how so many other PC gamers who rail on about how inferior aiming with an analog stick is seem to be the same people who bitched about Crytek giving controller users a fighting chance.

Tis sad.......but the focused gameplay on C2 is very fun.
True. Overlooking some nasty bugs which will surely be patched, C2 is a great game in it's own right. It's just as a sequel to the first games that it comes off as a letdown in many ways.

That was exactly my thoughts on the issue. If you head over to Mycrysis you would not BELIEVE what they are saying to people who are asking for some aim assist back in Crysis 2.

The most vitriolic and hateful remarks you'll see.

However I unpacked the "Engine.pak" archive and added the cvars directly to "extreme" preset thus it should apply. I uploaded it to Rapidshare. Your supposed to extract the 3 folders and just drop them into your "Engine" folder in Crysis 2 folder. game should prioritise the loose folders/files but you could always remove the "Engine.pak" archive (game will still work as it will read the loose files).
What do you use to unpak the archive? WinRAR doesn't work with this one.

Guys, I'm having this feeling that I'm missing out on some ports of the game. I feel that some missions end earlier than they should. For example:

In the level where you have to go to the church, when you enter the church you see this invisible alien, when you chase him, a cutscene comes up and after the cutscene you're 10 stories high.. I've also had this sequence when the aliens invade and you fall out of the chopper (when lockheart captures you), I had to kill some aliens and after killing all the aliens you see this alien pod falling from the sky, the objective is to escape but while running to the objective, the mission ends. The next mission started with Alcatraz laying on his back.. I thought it was weird and decided to youtube a walktrough up to that point, and the player who made the walktrough had a different experience. In the walktrough, when you try to escape you encouter a bigger alien who shoots you down, explaining why I woke up on my back the next mission

Weird... Also, I must say that the difference in graphics settings is really minimal. Also, when going into maximum armor you get this effects than sharpens the whole screen for a second, like the slow-mo effects in F.E.A.R. During that brief second of going into max armor, every texture looks much, much sharper. I always wondered what it would look like if the whole game was that sharp, and the screenshots KKRT posted is the result.

What's with that MSAA? Its their MSAA or what? Because normal MSAA should work on deffered.

BTW Dennis turned off everything except 4x MSAA and got astonishing results.

http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-03-2423-02q72k.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-03-2423-34o70v.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/crysis22011-03-2423-36i7nr.jpg

What do you use to unpak the archive? WinRAR doesn't work with this one.

7zip wont handle it as the archives are custom encrypted.

QuickBMS program that runs the scripts.
http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/quickbms.zip

Crysis 2 unpack script. Save all text as Crysis2.bms (bms being file extension).
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/crysis2.bms

Now you run the QuickBMS program then choose the script then choose the *.pak archive to extract and then where to extract. Thats all. You also dont need to repack modified archives as CE3 reads the loose files first. Just drop the unpacked folders into respective folder section. For example if you extract "engine.pak" located in "..\Engine" folder then the folders goes into the "Engine" folder so it ends up like "...\Engine\Config" etc.

Strange. My aged brain has recollections of using 7-zip on Cry1 pak files...I must have some other proggy on my win rig.

Strange. My aged brain has recollections of using 7-zip on Cry1 pak files...I must have some other proggy on my win rig.

Crysis/Warhead files where never encrypted, just renamed zip archives. For Crysis 2 Crytek for some reason encrypted the archives to prevent people from popping them up. They also removed the non compiled shaders so you cant do any shader editing anymore. Crytek has locked down CE3/Crysis 2 modding potential pretty hard :( .

Lame.

It's amazing but in a span a few days Crytek has gone from my favority developer to pretty much dead, fuck-ass last.

Dunno if they work together as I cannot get it to work correctly. Only thing that happens is I get some mad shimmering and what seems no MSAA. Might be my drivers or that I have a 4890.

Are these in your file or autoexec? Is there any way to force 8x MSAA?

They should be put in autoexec though it doesn'twork correctly for me. Dont know about 8xMSAA as going by program it is 1=Quincunx and 2=4xMSAA.

If I recall ingame msaa in this game is post aa? It blurrs the picture, all the beauty is lost with this vaseline approch, the best tweak right now is to get lost of it IMHO. To bad ingame downsampling won't work, at least the usual r_width etc commands won't work and normal ssaa wont'..

I'm playing with post aa off and the gfx's are stunning now and then.

It's getting more fun as I progress and Neb's mods do help. Haven't tried with MSAA off so I'll try that next. Still nothing close to Cry1...and what's with the HL2 polygonal smoke artifacts? Ugh!

Well this sucks. Loaded up my game from earlier and my 5000 nano catalyst that I had was reset to zero. Perfect...

Back