PS3 for me

It's an about half hour after midnight over here in Sweden now so I'd just want wish everyone a pleasant new decade of technological marvels and social development for the good of all.

With that out of the way; The PS3 works well over a hdmi -> dvi connector for PC screens right?

I connect mine up to a Samsung 20" panel every now and then and it works fine. The monitor complains about none standard resolutions (1920x1080 instead of 1680x1050) but still displays everything fine. Good colour and contrast.

It's an about half hour after midnight over here in Sweden now so I'd just want wish everyone a pleasant new decade of technological marvels and social development for the good of all.

With that out of the way; The PS3 works well over a hdmi -> dvi connector for PC screens right?

Works perfect but you have to make sure that your monitor is HDCP compliant. If not, it wont display anything on your screen

I'm lucky you mentioned that, I haven't checked. I'm getting a DVI capable Samsung screen from my dads office after the holidays so I'll have to check for HDCP support when I get to know the model number.

Wouldn't you know it, the screen doesn't support HDCP. I'll see if I can find a cheap one that supports HDCP, otherwise I'm off to update my PC rig. *sigh*

Back