Halo: Reach

Regardless, that'd be pretty fun if they included that gametype complete with armour ability rules for the different chess pieces. ;)

Regardless, that'd be pretty fun if they included that gametype complete with armour ability rules for the different chess pieces. ;)

It would, it has to be said, be quite good fun. Maybe they'll have it as some kind of Easter Egg (well it is Good Friday tomorrow).

There seem to be a noticeable difference in the polygon count for the leaked weapon model and the one that is shown in the new video. Could be that they are using a different weapon model for multiplayer and single player perhaps? But I don’t think so, I really liked the detail in the old weapon model.

haloreachleak2.jpg

haloreach1.jpg

Anyone feel like there is 2 x AA in the gameplay segments from the Fool's Vidoc? I swear I see less aliasing. The lines in the chess level look really sharp.

There seem to be a noticeable difference in the polygon count for the leaked weapon model and the one that is shown in the new video. Could be that they are using a different weapon model for multiplayer and single player perhaps? But I don’t think so, I really liked the detail in the old weapon model.

The views aren't exactly equivalent, but I'm having a hard time noticing any geometry differences.Taking the blur into account, I'm not sure there is much of any, with the exception that the model of the needles has been changed.

I was also hoping for Pimps at Sea, but new footage and Halo Chess? Alright by me. :p

Anyone feel like there is 2 x AA in the gameplay segments from the Fool's Vidoc? I swear I see less aliasing. The lines in the chess level look really sharp.

Pretty sure it's the motion blur, camera movement, low frequency colours and lighting, and compression that are fooling your eyes.

If this is what Reach will look like then im really disappointed.Hype was through the roof when they released trailer on VGAs but this looks a bit better then Halo 3,not to say that they still,5 yrs after start of gen havent hit HD nor AA on hardware that you can get it pretty cheap.Im sure it must look better then this because people will be severely disappointed.

But they dont seem like Bungie from last gen when it comes to technicals...:cry:

AA on hardware that you can get it pretty cheap.

Yep, Bungie just shot themselves in the other foot. You're an expert in programming and all technical underpinnings. It's not like it is in other games still in development where you can become successful on the internet by using exorbitant amount of post-processing and washed out lighting.

Anyways, I can't tell if you're joking because of what day it is or what your expectations were for a quick hack of a grey chess board environment, with grey spartans, grey elites for a prank video. :-|

Yep, Bungie just shot themselves in the other foot. You're an expert in programming and all technical underpinnings. It's not like it is in other games still in development where you can become successful on the internet by using exorbitant amount of post-processing...

Anyways, I can't tell if you're joking because of what day it is or what your expectations were for a quick hack of a grey chess board environment, with grey spartans, grey elites for a prank video. :-|

No not really,i was trying to sound funny duo to April Fool day,was trying to be as "aggressive"on Bungie as it gets...but this days alot of people dont really appreciate what Bungie is doing(scale,mp fun,a.i...)so i wanted to see reaction:LOL:

Anyway,pumped for this game like crazy,i check their updates regularly and Marcus already mentioned they are doing steps forward as graphics and polish goes so i dont worry.From what i saw from first vidoc,they will/should probably add decorations on environments and add polish to game and it will be pretty great looking.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_031210

The views aren't exactly equivalent, but I'm having a hard time noticing any geometry differences.Taking the blur into account, I'm not sure there is much of any, with the exception that the model of the needles has been changed.

I was also hoping for Pimps at Sea, but new footage and Halo Chess? Alright by me. :p

For me the leaked picture model looks rounder and the front panel looks more detailed, but you may be right, it may be because the leaked picture is blurry.

This one looks clearer
halod.jpg
haloreachleak2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest Bungie weekly update:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=25376

Elites are definitely not balanced against Spartans, way overpowered, (run normally as fast as a sprinting, have more shields and health and can regenerate both quicker than a Spartan) this probably means in the Elites vs Spartan playlists we'll be seeing something else to balance the two - even besides the fact that Elite armor abilities being limited to evade and active camo

I hate the toes on the Elite model, very amateurish, silly design
elitevhuman.jpg

I like what they've done with the pistol and grenade launcher though - the 'remote detonation' secondary fire feature on the grenade launcher is a very elegant way to add a lot of depth to the weapon.

If the pistol really does kill faster than the DMR except is harder to control, I might use that exclusively in the beta just to get pro at it, didn't they say it has a scope like in H1? Because they mentioned one of the DMRs advantages is it has zoom, so maybe they removed the pistol's scope again

Latest Bungie weekly update:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=25376

Elites are definitely not balanced against Spartans, way overpowered, (run normally as fast as a sprinting, have more shields and health and can regenerate both quicker than a Spartan) this probably means in the Elites vs Spartan playlists we'll be seeing something else to balance the two - even besides the fact that Elite armor abilities being limited to evade and active camo

I hate the toes on the Elite model, very amateurish, silly design

Dont know but the elite head is like 2 times that of the spartans.
And halo 3 has really been a game that is headshot focussed because of the Br. Didn't the elites shield take like 1 shot more then spartans. And moving faster makes aiming harder.

Im sure bungie will find a way to balance it.
But they already said in the competitive playlist no spartans vs elites.
So im more interested in the Invasion playlist.

Back