[360, PS3] Bayonetta

liolio

Aquoiboniste
Legend
Woa I was watching this and I found it damned good. I search the topix about it and discovered that this game didn't get much love. It looks like a great DMC killer. Looks great!!

Looks like DMC with a female character.

I also haven't heard of this game either, until GT added it to their E3 top 10 list. Now I'm very interested.

I am tracking it quietly. I remember one of her fingers is a key.

Let me know if I confused her with Hell Boy. :p

This and Lord of Shadows are top of my action games most wanted list. I can only imagine the sheer amount of depth this game will have.

The art design is VERY MUCH like DMC4, but some of the effects were of higher quality. The motion blurring and DoF were good enough to have me thinking some of the realtime cutscenes were pre-rendered. The action is more accessible than DMC, and combined with having a sexy female lead, it may have a broader appeal than DMC. That said, after playing both demos, if I had to choose, I'd rather play God of War 3.

Well considering Hideki Kamiya is the designer, it makes pretty obvious sense that it bears a lot of resemblance to DMC. All I gotta say after playing it on the show floor, that it was definitely something I'm going to pick up. It just kept getting better and better. Everytime I thought I'd had pulled off the craziest move/combo, the game just had more to give.

Not sure why the press didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, aside from God of War 3, and the triple screen Forza 3 setups, I think Bayonetta had the longest waits to play.

Well considering Hideki Kamiya is the designer, it makes pretty obvious sense that it bears a lot of resemblance to DMC. All I gotta say after playing it on the show floor, that it was definitely something I'm going to pick up. It just kept getting better and better. Everytime I thought I'd had pulled off the craziest move/combo, the game just had more to give.

Not sure why the press didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, aside from God of War 3, and the triple screen Forza 3 setups, I think Bayonetta had the longest waits to play.
IGN put a Best of E3 contender sticker on the unit I played at the Xbox booth, and there was only one person playing it when I walked up. That was day 3, though, and I heard Scribblenauts was drawing a lot of attention by then.

Well IMO the MS booth was pretty poor. I thought the layout was terrible, and gave the impression that there wasn't there to see. The Forza 3 area was the main eye grabber. At the Sega booth there were like 8 stations 3-4 people deep everytime I dropped by.

Hey, archie. Odd question, but do you know anything about the PS3 version of this game? Seems like only the 360 version was available at E3. Or what you know is what everyone else knows?

Back