California 4-year-old dies in washing machine

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29002838/

now

Really what washer machine has start controls 20inches from the ground ? That is not even two feet off the ground.

also wtf was the mother during all this ?

A lot of those new front-loader machines have the controls on the face and could likely be that low. Don't let the store displays fool you, as most of them have an optional drawer mounted underneath for storing detergent and making it higher / easier for an adult to manage. Remove the drawer option from the bottom, and they get pretty low...

And yeah, where is the parent in this?

A lot of those new front-loader machines have the controls on the face and could likely be that low. Don't let the store displays fool you, as most of them have an optional drawer mounted underneath for storing detergent and making it higher / easier for an adult to manage. Remove the drawer option from the bottom, and they get pretty low...

And yeah, where is the parent in this?

seriously though not even two feet from the ground ? Even without the draw the controls are above the load area which it self is a two foot circle .

Two minutes. Every parent will tell you moments when they were lucky as hell. Two minutes is the time to go to the bath room, time to run up stairs really quick and grab something to drink. Two minutes of time never courses anyone's mind as being dangerous. This was an accident, and while there are numerous cases where parent stupidity could be blamed this doesn't seem like one. Two minutes.

Now the mother didnt find her till two minutes into her being in the washer machine. How long were they just wandering around else where with no parental supervision ? The younger brother was 15 months old , just a year and 3 months which makes it even more difficult to believe the kid was able to start up the washer machine.

Two minutes. Every parent will tell you moments when they were lucky as hell. Two minutes is the time to go to the bath room, time to run up stairs really quick and grab something to drink. Two minutes of time never courses anyone's mind as being dangerous. This was an accident, and while there are numerous cases where parent stupidity could be blamed this doesn't seem like one. Two minutes.
I gotta agree with this a bit, it's insanely difficult to watch your kids every second of every day. I worry myself sick most of the time trying to NOT let my kids have those two minutes. :???:

two minutes aint long at all, ppl are always quick to look for someone to blame in such things

coincidentally yesterday the killers of another one of nz babies got sentenced, coincidentally cause punishment at that household was being put in a clothesdryer, entertainment was hanging onto a clotheseline and getting spun around

I've never seen a washing machine with the controls that low, or even one where the controls aren't close to the top of the front.

The article indicates they live at an apartment complex so most likely the washers are the commercial type which may differ from the ones you buy at the store. Most commercial types operate on simple push buttons.

Now the mother didnt find her till two minutes into her being in the washer machine. How long were they just wandering around else where with no parental supervision ? The younger brother was 15 months old , just a year and 3 months which makes it even more difficult to believe the kid was able to start up the washer machine.

So you get to assume that she let them out of her vision for that long? I'm sorry but that is very unfair and wrong to judge someone based on absolutely no proof. You're also acting as if the toddler knew what it was doing, it didn't. Depressing a knob, hitting a button, whatever... it was a freak accident. A sad accident. If you really want to go around holding some parents to absolutely ridiculous standards then do it, but there are numerous cases where neglect happened, this one just doesn't seem to be one.

Not very nice at all, but at least it was an accident. We just had a criminal case were some people tortured their own child.
Part of that involved being put in a dryer machine and other horrible things like that. Glad the bastards got 17.5years no parole.

Not very nice at all, but at least it was an accident. We just had a criminal case were some people tortured their own child.
Part of that involved being put in a dryer machine and other horrible things like that. Glad the bastards got 17.5years no parole.

How about this?:no:

Back