PSN weekly updates

Should I get Rain or Dishonored? I know weird question, but then thats why I am feeling stuck !

Depends on what mood you're in. Dishonored will likely give you more bang for your buck. Especially if you enjoy a game that gives you a completely non-lethal play-through option. Option being the key word, you can also shoot on sight if you so desire.

EDIT

Let me take that back. I have Rain but haven't played it yet since GTA:5 is all consuming. That said, I really enjoyed Dishonored (w/o any of the DLC) and from what I understand Rain is a fairly short game. I think Dishonored had an interesting narrative and solid mechanics. I also enjoyed finding the audio logs spread throughout the game to further the narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get any. I will wait for Xmas sales.

BTW, DARK SOULS 2 Beta seems to be open for all PS+ members now , atleast in the EU :cool: !

Also, MGR Revengeance and Remember me are free to download now :Razz: !

Amazing month(at least for me :D) in NA for PSN plus members:
It’s going to be quite the month for PlayStation fans. PS4 is almost here, and it’s going to be mega awesome when I fire mine up for the first time and already have two free games to play. Yep, both Resogun, the intense and beautiful shoot ‘em up from Housemarque(the amazing people behind Super Stardust) and Contrast, a unique 2D/3D puzzler platformer with a stunning art style will be available in the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members on November 15th.

Of course, we have plenty of other great games to keep you busy until then, like Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is an expanded and enhanced version of Capcom’s original IP Dragon’s Dogma. There’s a new area to explore, a fast-travel system and plenty of new quests and weapons to keep you busy. Later on this month we’ll add ibb & obb, a 2-player co-op puzzler and Binary Domain, a third-person squad shooter. PS Vita owners can look forward to two amazing action-adventure titles: the classic Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and the ever-epic Soul Sacrifice.

These games will hit the Instant Game Collection at various times throughout the month, so check back with us every Monday morning to see all the benefits of your membership.

I tried to play Contrast when I picked up my PS4 gears. Couldn't figure out the game mechanics. It's related to light and shadow. How does it work ?

I tried to play Contrast when I picked up my PS4 gears. Couldn't figure out the game mechanics. It's related to light and shadow. How does it work ?

I believe it's a 3D platformer where you have the ability to pop into the shadows to reach new areas and solve puzzles. Similar to graffiti Link in A Link Between Worlds.

Good news: Spelunky is on 50% off :D !
Bad News: Only the Vita version is on sale :(

BTW, Diablo3 is also on sale, grab it if you haven't got it.

Weird because Spelunky is cross buy ... Was for me at least, so you may want to try and buy that.

But in the description it says:

1-4 player(s)
Ad Hoc Mode 2-4 Players
Network Features
4000KB Minimum
Touchscreen
Dual Analog Sticks
Motion Sensor
Cross-platform play (PS3™)

But in the description it says:

1-4 player(s)
Ad Hoc Mode 2-4 Players
Network Features
4000KB Minimum
Touchscreen
Dual Analog Sticks
Motion Sensor
Cross-platform play (PS3™)

I think that means that we can co op/MP with ps3 version. It clearly says it will work on 2 portable consoles. No home consoles mentioned. As well as specifically says it will work only with the Vita.
:(

I just bought Spelunky on Vita for £4.94 (sale price plus PS+ subscriber 10% off), then downloaded the full version for free on my PS3. The install process is very weird, even for Sony. Having installed it (simply) on Vita, I located Spelunky for PS3 in the PS3 Store (which does not mention Cross-Buy) then clicked download, with no prompt for payment.

• First it downloads a 6kb Spelunky file.
  • Second it downloads a 125mb Spelunky file.
  • Third it downloads a 207mb Spelunky demo file.
  • Fourth it tries to download another 207mb Spelunky demo file, which aborts a third of the way through.
Going back to XMB you'll have Spelunky for PS3 installed and the Vita package too. I've checked the PS3 version and it appears. to be the full version. Yay. First time back on PS3 since using the PS4. The PS Store is so slow :(

I just bought Spelunky on Vita for £4.94 (sale price plus PS+ subscriber 10% off), then downloaded the full version for free on my PS3. The install process is very weird, even for Sony. Having installed it (simply) on Vita, I located Spelunky for PS3 in the PS3 Store (which does not mention Cross-Buy) then clicked download, with no prompt for payment.

• Fourth it tries to download another 207mb Spelunky demo file, which aborts a third of the way through.
Going back to XMB you'll have Spelunky for PS3 installed and the Vita package too. I've checked the PS3 version and it appears. to be the full version. Yay. First time back on PS3 since using the PS4. The PS Store is so slow :(

So, u saying u got the ps3 version for free with the vita version, whihc is on sale right now? Is it working on ur ps3?
Please do confirm, cos i will buy it in a jiffy if that turns outtrue.

That's pretty close to a normal cross-buy install. In fact, its not uncommon to have 4 files downloaded. The unlock code plus demo (which is the actually the full game) for the PS3, along with the unlock code plus demo for the Vita. Not sure what's going on with that 4th demo download you got, however.

Yes, the fourth file should normally be the PS3 unlock file, and the first two should be the demo + unlock files for the Vita version. So that makes sense.

So, u saying u got the ps3 version for free with the vita version, whihc is on sale right now? Is it working on ur ps3?
Please do confirm, cos i will buy it in a jiffy if that turns outtrue.
Yes it's working. I assume the demo version is clearlylabelled demo!?! There is no suggestion of Spelunky that I have on PS3 is a demo, it looks like the full game. No demo label in the title, splash screen, no prompts to buy the full version etc.

That good enough? ;)

Back