PSN weekly updates

Hoard review:
http://www.psnstores.com/2010/10/hoard-coming-november-2nd/

Here are a few pro-tips I picked up while playing:
1. You will want to let some cities grow. Doing this will allow the wagons they send out to be more valuable, thus giving you more gold to steal.
2.You will need to team up to defeat wizard towers. The very powerful lightning spamming wizard towers can take you out quickly, it is best to knock them out fast.
3. Use the terrain to your advantage. Knights can’t go in the water, so it makes a sort of safe zone for you to hide in.

In the online modes you can mix and match local and online players. So say you have a friend over, you can both join a mutliplayer game online together. Makes the value of this game shoot up a lot.

Crescent Pale Mist was released onto the PSN yesterday. I saw some videos of it, and makes me wish I had a PS3. I'd buy it in an instant.

I'm liking the game quite a bit. Have been playing 2-3 rounds before my MAG run every night.

While some of the graphic choices are frustrating (the person responsible for the tiny fonts should be forced to play the game on a 12" CRT as punishment), the game itself is pretty fun. Thanks for the heads up.

In other PSN news, the NHL apparently now has an app available (woohoo!)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543056

Cheers

While some of the graphic choices are frustrating (the person responsible for the tiny fonts should be forced to play the game on a 12" CRT as punishment), the game itself is pretty fun. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, the fonts are too small in the alerts.

I wish they add more animation + sound variety to complete the atmosphere. Would have liked villagers to scream when I toast the town. Also death animation of knights and archers should be more funny. Princess kidnapping should be hilarious. Dragon fight OTOH should be a little more engaging. The wizard tower should show charging progress before it fires. I hate them. :mad:

The icon to indicate town offering should be changed. Sometimes I can't tell which town is owned by me, especially when other dragons have forced them to switch alliance.

But as a strategy game, it's well paced and fun. I usually attack other dragons at the beginning to slow their growth.

DeadNation coming on Nov 30th for $15:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-dead-nation-hits-psn-november-30th/#comments

The developers at Housemarque, creators of PSN classic Super Stardust HD, are putting the finishing touches on their latest masterpiece: Dead Nation. Come November 30th in the U.S.

Dead Nation features online and offline two-player cooperative play, a lengthy campaign littered with hidden treasures, hugely upgradeable weapons and armor, and tremendous replay value thanks to a host of difficulty levels. The fifth and final difficulty level — “Undead” — will leave you breathless!

Finally a date!

But man, this end of year is getting overloaded again for me. So many things I've been wanting is late November for me ...

Finally a date!

But man, this end of year is getting overloaded again for me. So many things I've been wanting is late November for me ...

Yeah, blame the Santa and his busy elfs.
Why they didn't release Dead Nation for Halloween, that's puzzling?!? Was it just finished and couldn't make it for HW? The sales surely wouldn't have hurt had it come for the fright season.

Yeah, blame the Santa and his busy elfs.
Why they didn't release Dead Nation for Halloween, that's puzzling?!? Was it just finished and couldn't make it for HW? The sales surely wouldn't have hurt had it come for the fright season.

the decided to throw in online co-op at the last minute, it was actually planned for Oct before they add online co-op.

I can really recommend Lara Croft for CoOp.
I played thought in with a friend and it was one of the better CoOp games for PS3, well worth the money.

Kung-Fu LIVE Gets an Official Launch Date and Trailer!:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/23/kung-fu-live-gets-an-official-launch-date-and-trailer/

When is Kung-Fu LIVE coming out? Well, after months of demo events across the world from gamescom in Germany to PAX Prime in Seattle, combined with THOUSANDS of cumulative man-hours for our small independent team in Finland, burning the midnight oil and sweating like crazy play-testing our game, we’re FINALLY ready to break the news right back here where we started. What better way to do that than with an all-new trailer? Have a peek at the clip below to see what people have being saying all year, and get the leg up on exactly when you too can literally step into the world of Kung-Fu LIVE and lay the smack down in your living room!

That’s right! If you’re in the U.S., then you can download your way into the action on December 7th.

Since we lost the generic PS Move thread...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...playstation-move-coming-soon-to-psn-in-1080p/

Top Darts is a new PlayStation Move title coming soon to PSN, and it’s a realistic darts game that is perfect for all users – from those who love to play darts often and know a lot of the classic games, to those more like me who enjoy playing but don’t own a dartboard because the wall would look like Swiss cheese.

Top Darts doesn’t just cater to the traditional darts player; there are also simultaneous game modes. This allows two players to play at the same time offering a fun and fast paced gaming experience.

Swords and Soldiers adds Move support:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/04/move-support-added-to-psn-swords-and-soldiers/

Ronimo Games has released a new patch for Swords and Soldiers on the PlayStation Network, bringing PlayStation Move support to the cartoony and entertaining 2D RTS title. Now you can control your little Vikings and Aztecs just by waving your hand -- presuming that your hand is holding one of those Move wands with the glowing ball on top.

I played Hoard this morning. Patch 1.01 is out.
I can't tell what's changed. They are supposed to make the text bigger.

Back