PSN weekly updates

I meant to mention this a couple of weeks ago when I first saw it but completely forgot. Anyway, check out the JP PSN store and download "Sonic Night of the Werehog." Its a cute little video (short story). There's no real language barrier, in this particular case. I thought it was pretty amusing and it caught me by surprise (I didn't even know what it was when I was downloading it). A little over 700MB and its about 11 minutes.

yes it's basically the last outrun game on the PS2.

Personally I think it's garbage. Played it once and not bothered going back.

I downloaded Patapon 2 from the PS Store, just in time for my trip soon. Now I have Patapon on my UMD drive, and Patapon 2 on my Memory Stick. ^_^

They made the game more accessible (Takes like 3 combos to go into Fever mode, takes only 1-2 hits to kill a prey during hunting). I heard they added Heroes. Haven't got around to meet any yet.

I hear they added one weather effect actually that's quite interesting in its dynamic.

And the last one (have been browsing me some Gaf ;) ). This one I did see on the EU store, but I haven't tried it. It came out a long while ago and it's now out on the EU store, but apparently unknown when/if ever it will arrive on the US store.

It's Dark Mist:

That seems like a nice game :) ! How much does it cost ?
Also, havent bought FLOW, always wanted to..........but I know, it might not get played as I have no time these days :( , My Pixel Junk Eden also has recieved no love for so long !

I hear they added one weather effect actually that's quite interesting in its dynamic.

The first Patapon has wind effect (Your ranged weapons fly further/shorter if you are with/against the wind). It also has rain and thunder storm. Some special event requires rain. You can also summon rain to cool down the desert for safe passage. In a thunder storm, your army may be disrupted by lightning strikes. You'll see their eyes go in circles when struck :D

Patapon 2 seems more colorful. Kid is hogging the PSP. Haven't played beyond mission one. Next week will be my chance (in the plane).

My god they put an annoying voice saying playstation at the end of all the new trailers.

I'm glad I made a US account next to my "the forgotten continent" account. Now I can see all the games in their full glory.:D

Hey, that Zen Pinball game isn't half bad! If you like Pinball, you'll probably really like this. You have to get used to the ball looks and the speed for a bit, but once you select the camera that suits you (square to change in-game), it starts to look and work really well. Nice game!

EDIT: thread on gaf has lots of pictures and info

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361666

What new PSN game is worth buying now ?

I am looking for one to complement my inFamous games. Since FatPrincess has been delayed, I reckoned I can get one as stand in.

Hey, that Zen Pinball game isn't half bad! If you like Pinball, you'll probably really like this. You have to get used to the ball looks and the speed for a bit, but once you select the camera that suits you (square to change in-game), it starts to look and work really well. Nice game!

EDIT: thread on gaf has lots of pictures and info

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361666

Have you disabled special effects ? It helps a lot in increasing realism avoiding the ball blur effect and making it less arcade.

Yeah, I noticed that later. I definitely prefer that. Great game of pinball, very happy with it.

By the way, did anyone notice that Blast Factor got a 2.01 update with trophies and I think a bunch of other tweaks as well? (seems easier with more powerups) Not Earth shattering, but nice and the trophies actually seem fun (like 'vacuum cleaner' which I got at some point).

Played it for some trophies, but Blast Factor is plain broken IMO. The level tilt mechanism is fundamental to gameplay, yet it's erratic. Sometimes it doesn't fire. Sometimes it fires the wrong way. I can tilt it far over to the right only to have the level tip left and wash all the baddies into me! The movements it requires are also too great, with arms sometimes ending up flailing around trying to get a wave. I've tried shakes, tips, tilts and turns, but all responses are similarly uncertain. Thye really need to fix the tilt mechanics in a patch!

Played it for some trophies, but Blast Factor is plain broken IMO. The level tilt mechanism is fundamental to gameplay, yet it's erratic. Sometimes it doesn't fire. Sometimes it fires the wrong way. I can tilt it far over to the right only to have the level tip left and wash all the baddies into me! The movements it requires are also too great, with arms sometimes ending up flailing around trying to get a wave. I've tried shakes, tips, tilts and turns, but all responses are similarly uncertain. Thye really need to fix the tilt mechanics in a patch!

Do you have two controllers? If so can you try it with another one? It may well just be that I've gotten used to it, but I have little trouble with the motion controls these days. Mind you, it's not my favorite twin stick shooter either. But it has a pleasant amount of polish, looks nice, sounds great and has some original gameplay - the key is using that tilting mechanism at the right moments, and that's a completely different way of thinking (that is hard for me to get to grips with by the way, the thinking about it I mean, has taken me ages to consistently consider using that technique).

I'm not that keen on opening a new topic just for this question, so I'll post it here:

Just bought Resident Evil 1: Directors Cut from the US PSN store last night (I used to own a PAL copy many years ago, which I then unfortunately sold) and I was a bit surprised to see the opening sequence in black & white. I could have sworn that the directors cut version I had, was in colour and well... more detailed.

I really hope it's just the opening sequence that's different.

Anyone remember playing the PAL directors cut know if I'm on to something or am just dreaming?

Back