PSN weekly updates

Savage Moon is great, like Pixeljunk Monsters only faster paced and more options. The aliens don't always take the same route either.

I heard about High Velocity Bowling getting an update. Didn't see one at first, but then I deleted the gamesave and yep, there it was. It's the same update the U.S. people got and it gives online play, trophies, ball management and some other stuff. Pretty good update and the game has certainly upped a point in score over time.

I also noticed the other day that Go! Sudoku got an update. I have no idea yet what was added though, other than that I noticed vibration is in (when you place a wrong number). I can't find anything on the interwebs either.

I heard about High Velocity Bowling getting an update. Didn't see one at first, but then I deleted the gamesave and yep, there it was.
Hang on! You're saying that for people who have bought HVB, there's an update they're not told about which requires the save game to be deleted, which they're not told about? What's the point in building a patch if people aren't going to install it?!

Well, say that you've played a tonne of the game and unlocked most of the trophies. In this case, you'll want a proper update. However, say that you are a new player and have just bought the game today or are running the game for the first time, or for the first time with this account. In this case there's no harm in getting the update (in case you just bought it, you'll never even have to know there was an update).

I've seen this happen before, where if you bought the game new or downloaded it new from the store, you got the new version, but if you had bought the game previously, you didn't - yet. A little later the update was also made available for those people, presumably after the update process had been tested in a controlled environment for a bit more. After all, the SCEA region does get a proper update notification as far as I know, so we'll get it eventually also.

I guess that nothing pisses people off more than losing a gamesave.

Just guessing though, there could be a tonne of other reasons. But we work pretty much like this in our company also, even if it's not games.

I didn't need to delete my savegame to update it.

Read that the patch was up at PS3throphies fired it up and away it went.

Why do they have so many PS Classics in the Japanese store and almost none for the US and EU?

There are so many I d gladly pay for!

From gaf again:

DEMOS

► Wanted: Weapons of Fate (815 MB)
► Watchmen: The End is Nigh (1263 MB)
► WWE Legends of WrestleMania (1003 MB)

GAMES

► Watchmen: The End is Nigh (€14,99) (£12.99)

► No Gravity: The Plague of Mind (PSP) (€9,99) (£8.99)

ADD-ONS

► Burnout Paradise

○ Toy Collection (€9,99) (£7.99)
(both Car Collections + Toy Firehawk)

○ Toy Car Collection 1 (€4,99 | €1,99) (£3.99 | £1.59)
- Hunter Cavalry
- Manhattan
- Krieger WTR
- Jansen P12

○ Toy Car Collection 2 (€4,99 | €1,99) (£3.99 | £1.59)
- Hunter Takedown 4x4
- Carson GT Concept
- Carson Inferno Van
- Hunter Citizen

○ Toy Nakamura FireHawk (€2,99) (£2.39)

► Guitar Hero World Tour

○ European Track Pack 3 (€5,49 | €1,99) (£4.39 | £1.59)
♪ "Break it Out" - Vanilla Sky
♪ "In the Shadows" - The Rasmus
♪ "C’est Comme Ca” - Les Rita Mitsouko

► High Velocity Bowling
○ Bruce Pack (€0,99) (£0.79)
○ Carmen Pack (€0,99) (£0.79)

► Lumines Supernova
○ Classics Pack (€3,99) (£3.19)

► Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
○ Storm Pack 8 (free)

► Prince of Persia
○ Epilogue (€9,99) (£7.99)

► Rock Band

♪ "New" - No Doubt (€1,49) (£0.99)

○ Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble (€10,99 | €1,49) (£7.49 | £0.99)
♪ "Love Struck Baby"
♪ "Pride and Joy"
♪ "Texas Flood"
♪ "Tell Me"
♪ "Rude Mood"
♪ "Testify"
♪ "Mary Had A Little Lamb"
♪ "Dirty Pool"
♪ "I’m Cryin"
♪ "Lenny"

► Street Fighter IV
○ Femme Fatale Pack (€3,99) (£3.19)

VIDEOS

► F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
○ Launch Trailer

► Metal Gear Online
○ SCENE Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Crash Commando - theme & wallpaper
► LocoRoco 2 - theme

---

Also, Age of Booty got a trophy patch apparently.

HD Remix is getting a patch to fix a few things but unfortunately no trophies.

I downloaded Wanted, Watchmen, and Age of Booty demos. I also purchased Noby Noby Boy. I will absolutely have no time to play them though.

Looks like PSN partners are trying to close out this fiscal year with some promos. Would be a great idea for Sony websites (and Home) to maintain an event calendar all year round.

Starting on March 18 for 3 weeks: Weekly Logitech Gran Turismo competition
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/17/take-the-logitech-challenge-in-gran-turismo-5-prologue/
Prizes: Logitech steering controllers, mouse, speakers, ...

Deadline March 31: YouTube video upload contest in HAWX
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/17/youtube-your-hawx-mission-enter-to-win-a-flight-stick/
Prizes: Saitek flightstick

Deadline March 31: Photo taking contest in MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/16/motorstorm-pacific-rift-‘looking-good’-photo-competition/
Prizes: ???

EDIT:
Until March 17 (Today) 7:00pm: Leprechuan Hunt in Playstation Home
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=602755
Prizes: ???

March 25: Playstation Blog GDC meetup
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/16/this-week-on-playstationblog-2/

This year, I wanted to extend the invitation to you, our dear readers. So after the media shuffle off to assorted GDC parties and dinners Wednesday evening, we’re going to re-open the doors for PlayStation fans. There’ll be fun, food, prizes, and, of course, it’ll be free. More details and RSVP instructions coming up tomorrow.

Patsu, the following is the Motorstorm prize

The 20 best pictures will each be considered for inclusion in one of our future updates as a loading screen image (with your PSN Online ID signed on it as the credited creator), and the photographer will also win a MotorStorm t-shirt!

Wonder if some good people will test something for me, my downloads are always dog slow from PSN I have ran a speed test on my PS3 and get 16 or 17 mbit so there's no problem with my connection with the PS3.

Whenever I tracert uk.playstation.com (or any of the Playstation sites) i get a undiscoverable address before the destination and I'm wondering if that is the rout of my problem.

It gets to the first part of Sony's infrastructure then craps out.

Hi, I think that's just security ... I don't get anything after the first Sony IP either.

Maybe things have gotten better after the recent maintenance?

What you could try to do is make an account to another region or country, and see if your download speeds improve. I get pretty decent connection speeds from anywhere (i.e. Netherlands, U.S., Japan), although mind you my maximum capacity is only half a megabyte, so I may never notice these things.

From the Playstation.Blog

Pulse 3/26 Edition

Downloadable Games

►Burn Zombie Burn ($9.99)
*File size: 164 MB

►Worms ($12.99)
*File size: 147 MB

Add-on Game Content

►LittleBigPlanet BUZZ! Mini-Pack ($1.99)
*File size: 1.04 MB

►PAIN: El Chile Grande Character ($0.99)
*File size: 100 KB

►Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack ($5.99)
*File size: 839 MB

►Resistance 2 Skin Bundle ($3.99)
*File size: 600 KB

►Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Defender of Earth Character Pack ($5.99)
*File size: 1.23 MB

►Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Item World Command Attack Mode ($3.99)
*File size: 1.23 MB

►Tom Clancy’s EndWar Veteran Map Pack (free)
*File size: 212 MB

Rock Band

►Ten Album — Pearl Jam - ($17.99)
*382 MB (album)

Guitar Hero World Tour

►Queen Track Pack ($5.49)
*118 MB - 136 MB (track pack)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games
► Platypus ($9.99) (also available from PS3 storefront)
*File size: 27 MB

Game Demos (free)
* Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce Demo (also available from PS3 storefront)
File size: 211 MB

corduroygt and betan, I tried the Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars demo as requested. It hung on me 3 times during loading. Finally got it to load the 4th time (after playing some PixelJunk Monster).

I see the appeal of the game and why it can become hard/frustrating. The Sweeper mini-game is tough ! :(

Anyway, I bought it. While I'm busy, some of these short games may help (I'll probably hop in and out of online games with you guys).

I also watched Qore episode 11. It's free this time. The Fat Princess, and the PSN highlights segments are more informative than I thought. You might want to check them out (coz I like all the games they highlighted there, except for Linger in Shadow). The inFamous video snippets also look MUCH better compared to the youtube and gametrailers video we see on the net. ^_^. The Red Faction section is nice too.

The game Comet Crash also went under my radar. Apparently it's a pretty good game - tower defense but with offense mixed in, big swarms of creatures, local 3 player co-op and local 4 player deathmatch. It looks interesting. It's probably only on the U.S. store, or I would have known. Anyone here tried it?

Wipeout also received an update apparently:

Ability to earn more than 50 online ranks based on finishing position, speed class and rank of the opposing players.
A new screen after finishing a race or tourney. This screen shows a podium with the three fastest competitors.
Badges can be earned by achieving certain goals in an online race or tourney. A total of 33 badges can be earned.
Newly added invite system. Players can invite buddies directly into a lobby. A message also notifies when one of your buddies is playing online. (I guess this is all in-game and not in-xmb)
Has a race already been started? After the update you can enter the lobby and watch the race live. After the race everyone, including the viewers will enter the lobby for the next race.
New options to customise a race:
Weaponhints infoscreen (on/off)
Opponents (public/friends/invite only)
Ability to use corkscrew (on/off)
Steer assist (on/off)
Amount of laps (20 max)

And the last one (have been browsing me some Gaf ;) ). This one I did see on the EU store, but I haven't tried it. It came out a long while ago and it's now out on the EU store, but apparently unknown when/if ever it will arrive on the US store.

It's Dark Mist:

Back