Virtual Console: Sin and Punishment!!!

Not releasing Sin and Punishment in America was a crime against humanity, a crime that Nintendo of America finally paid for. I'm starting a little campaign with a friend of mine to get the word out on this game to as many people as possible.

S&P is an insane on-rails shooter that will easily put any of today's shooters to shame for it's sheer amount of difficulty and crazy action! The bosses are huge and incredibly cool. Imagine a final battle where there are literally 30 or more objects to shoot, and they must all be shot down within seconds!

Of course to accommodated the HUGE amounts of action on screen, the models are low poly (even by N64 standards) and yet extremely stylish. It really does work very well. And of course, the low polygon models mean a crazy amount of action. Even if you don't like the style or the low polygons, the world comes alive in the most crazy fashion. I mean, everything that goes on in the levels can be described as pure madness. One minute you're shooting at tons of enemy soldiers, the next thing you know you're flying over the ocean on a piece of floor (I swear, just imagine Aladdin on his magic carpet) battling against soldiers, planes, air-craft carrier, flying creatures, and weird mecha. The next thing you know, you're charging head first into a Star Destroyer like battleship on your ripped up piece of floor. As if that wasn't crazy enough, you'll be on a high speed chase after a missile to destroy it. This all topped off with the most nonsensical plot you'll ever witness.

This game is not very long though. You can probably finish it within an hour or two. But man, that short time you spent is like a roller coaster ride of action. Not to mention the game has an extremely well balanced difficulty. The easy mode is indeed easy, while the hard mode will challenge veteran players even if they've beaten it before! Plus, you'll probably be going back over and over again to try and get a high score and also unlock a few secrets here and there. Try playing the hard mode after you've unlocked the turbo speed in the game. It's crazy!

All that talk is meaningless though, how about I just leave you guys with a youtube video to show you the madness.

This is a taste of one of the most incredible levels (the one I described above) in the game.

I think like you. This game is one of the games that take most advantage of the N64 hardware. I played in the release date, was gorgeous for me, really brilliant, action in all senses.

Nice thread.

Did the original game not come out in america or the Wii version?

If the original then how come the vid you posted has english text?

Very nice. Every gamer connoisseur has already played this game to death by emulator. Now the casuals get to experience this awesome game.
Did the original game not come out in america or the Wii version?
Never originally came out in America on the N64.
If the original then how come the vid you posted has english text?
Some Japanese games are made with English text/voice overs. One recent example is Metal Slug 3D on the PS2 that has all English voice overs and the main menus in English. I think all the Resident Evil games are also originally made with English voice overs from the start in Japan, at least I know Code: Veronica was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. Every gamer connoisseur has already played this game to death by emulator. Now the casuals get to experience this awesome game. Never originally came out in America on the N64.
Some Japanese games are made with English text/voice overs. One recent example is Metal Slug 3D on the PS2 that has all English voice overs and the main menus in English. I think all the Resident Evil games are also originally made with English voice overs from the start in Japan, at least I know Code: Veronica was.

should have made an easy import then right?

Not releasing Sin and Punishment in America was a crime against humanity, a crime that Nintendo of America finally paid for. I'm starting a little campaign with a friend of mine to get the word out on this game to as many people as possible.

S&P is an insane on-rails shooter that will easily put any of today's shooters to shame for it's sheer amount of difficulty and crazy action! The bosses are huge and incredibly cool. Imagine a final battle where there are literally 30 or more objects to shoot, and they must all be shot down within seconds!

Of course to accommodated the HUGE amounts of action on screen, the models are low poly (even by N64 standards) and yet extremely stylish. It really does work very well. And of course, the low polygon models mean a crazy amount of action. Even if you don't like the style or the low polygons, the world comes alive in the most crazy fashion. I mean, everything that goes on in the levels can be described as pure madness. One minute you're shooting at tons of enemy soldiers, the next thing you know you're flying over the ocean on a piece of floor (I swear, just imagine Aladdin on his magic carpet) battling against soldiers, planes, air-craft carrier, flying creatures, and weird mecha. The next thing you know, you're charging head first into a Star Destroyer like battleship on your ripped up piece of floor. As if that wasn't crazy enough, you'll be on a high speed chase after a missile to destroy it. This all topped off with the most nonsensical plot you'll ever witness.

This game is not very long though. You can probably finish it within an hour or two. But man, that short time you spent is like a roller coaster ride of action. Not to mention the game has an extremely well balanced difficulty. The easy mode is indeed easy, while the hard mode will challenge veteran players even if they've beaten it before! Plus, you'll probably be going back over and over again to try and get a high score and also unlock a few secrets here and there. Try playing the hard mode after you've unlocked the turbo speed in the game. It's crazy!

All that talk is meaningless though, how about I just leave you guys with a youtube video to show you the madness.

This is a taste of one of the most incredible levels (the one I described above) in the game.

Holy Crack-tacular Batman :oops:

I'd never even heard of the game. :LOL:

Yeah, Star Fox is definitely a beefier game, but Sin and Punishment has this maniac quality to it that keeps bringing you back for more. I can't guarantee you'll be hooked like me, but even if just once you should experience what it really means to play a shooter.

It was, I spent like $80 to import it when it originally came out.

Yeah, my friend also spent somewhere around that much for his copy. I got mine a bit cheaper, luckily.

Yeah, Star Fox is definitely a beefier game, but Sin and Punishment has this maniac quality to it that keeps bringing you back for more. I can't guarantee you'll be hooked like me, but even if just once you should experience what it really means to play a shooter.

Yeah, my friend also spent somewhere around that much for his copy. I got mine a bit cheaper, luckily.

Heh, at $12 on the virtual console, it's practically a steal for one of the best on rails 3d shooters ever made.

Back