360 Chatpad priced

silhouette

Regular
The official name is Xbox 360 Messenger Kit. They priced it at 29.99$. Includes compatible headset as well.

Link

I think it is another overpriced accessory. It would be really nice, if they priced it at 20$.

The official name is Xbox 360 Messenger Kit. They priced it at 29.99$. Includes compatible headset as well.

Link

I think it is another overpriced accessories. It would be really nice, if they priced it at 20$.

$30 is overpriced but $20 isn't?! This is the best priced accessory MS has released! I mean, come on, a Play and Charge Kit is just $10 shy and its barely more than a USB adapter and LED light. The keys being back-lit is a nice touch as well. IMO, we're lucky its not $50 - $75, based on MS' other accessory prices.

Not awful but definitely doesnt promote 'mass-adoption' at this price. Why couldnt they just make the old headsets fit?

Not awful but definitely doesnt promote 'mass-adoption' at this price.

Seriously? I'm really not seeing how $30 is a big deal. It looks like a very nice keyboard at that. :???: How low are you thinking it has to be for mass market penetration? I'm thinking its already there (or extremely close). I guess we'll know for sure when the sales figures come out.

Thats not bad. A back lit keypad and and headset from MS for $30. It could be much worse. ;)

Are devs allowed to use this as optional extra buttons? Switching weapons or items would be a piece of cake in a lot of games.

This is handy and $30 is worth it IMO.

At this point I hate even changing my characters name, or naming saved games. This will def open up the ease of use with entering in text! Looks seamless with the controller and looks comfortable and easy to use.

come on now people a chatpad and a 360 Headset for 29.99$ is not bad at all.
(the headset alone currently retails for 19.99$) if we are talking about overpriced 360 accessories lists, here is mine:

$49.99- standard wireless controller
$29.99 - 64MB memory card
$179.99 - 120gb hdd
$99.99 - wireless newtwork adapter
$99.99 - 20 bg hdd

$30 is overpriced but $20 isn't?! This is the best priced accessory MS has released! I mean, come on, a Play and Charge Kit is just $10 shy and its barely more than a USB adapter and LED light. The keys being back-lit is a nice touch as well. IMO, we're lucky its not $50 - $75, based on MS' other accessory prices.

Yeah no kidding! 59.99 wouldn't have surprised me a bit given ms past pricing on accesories. In fact, 59.99 was expected. This is great. I will most likely pick one up for the hell of it now. And add it to my stack of other overpriced accessories.

Nice peice of kit! Backlit and looks solid and ergonomic.

Price ISN'T all that bad really. People are probably a bit oversensitive from previous gougings from MS that's all.

Well unless you already have one (or more) of the wired headsets. Then you don't really need yet ANOTHER.

So from that point of view including that flimsy headset with a new connector (which altogether undoubtedly costs no more than 50 cents to produce) they can bump the priceof the keypad $10 from 20 to 30 and still have many people see it as a good price.

Because of the added "value" of the new headset. :cool: I wonder what happens if you break that special headset. Will MS sell them separately as a spare or are you screwed? I doubt many stores would dedicate shelf-space for both standard headset and chatpad headset.

Probably no replacements. "Buy a wireless headset to replace it" is probably the response you'll get. Yet another successful moneygrub by MS! :cool:
Peace.

Back