[360] Mass Effect

From the 720p shot:
masseffect-1.jpg

This HAS to be a bullshot...there's just no way...is there?

except for the traditionnal photoshop sharpen filter , ireally don't see why not...

except for the traditionnal photoshop sharpen filter , ireally don't see why not...

I've just never seen anything of that detail level rendered on my 360 yet, so I'm just skeptical.

Seems realtime though, some of the textures are obviously not the bext quality, maybe just down-resed.

Given what we saw with Silent Hill on the PS2, I definitely think that's possible on the 360 coupled with Bioware's talent, they can do it. They can scale it easily between cutscene and gameplay.

just saw another screenshot, actually the electricity effect aint as good as i first though, its just using billboarded polys. so whilst it may look good in a screenshot its not gonna looks so good in motion.

just saw another screenshot, actually the electricity effect aint as good as i first though, its just using billboarded polys. so whilst it may look good in a screenshot its not gonna looks so good in motion.

does not compute

how about we wait until it's at home on our 360's running on an HDTV, before stating something so definitive.

how about we wait until it's at home on our 360's running on an HDTV, before stating something so definitive.
well its pretty plain in the following screenshot, u can see its just billboarded quads that have the electricty effect on them ( u can see the obvious clipping, which always looks a lot worse in motion ), originally i thought that the electricity was done with actual geometry (sure itll be expensive to do, but hey todays consoles are pretty powerful ).

http://gameinfowire.com/image.asp?iid=70998&gid=1745&pg=2&pid=16

That headshot posted is actualy quite old, and I don't think it's really representative of the ingame model, there are a few newer shots that look more realistic, not as great, but still quite nice:
masseffect_29_745x440.jpg

Ouch, this one's so bad it hurts... Typical metallic specular highlights on the face, making it look nothing like skin...

Their artists are damn talented though - I've seen some of their work about a year ago during the Mudbox beta test, and it promised such quality back then.

The screens looks sexy as hell, but its no good having charactors and graphics like that if they animate like PS1 charactors. Any word on the framerate?

How long has this game been in development? Didn't Silicon Knights talk about how they modified the UE3 engine so much it supports AA now? Could be same here.

Since UE3 will have MSAA on DX10 HW on the PC side(if Sweeney is to be believed), it`s not a leap of faith to assume that in a closed console environment, without the burden of API restrictions you could get MSAA even with the deffered approach to shadowing that UE3 employs. Either that or SK have opted for handling the shadowing differently. That being said, I don`t expect Bioware to overhaul the graphics part of the engine in any huge manner, graphics tech isn`t necessarily their strong point/primary focus, so they`ll probably work with what Epic gives them...and maybe Epic added AA for the consoles as well.

I've just listened to 1UP podcast, and they say that Mass Effect has got M rating from ESRB [blood, violence, partial nudity and sexual themes]

Yeah I'm buying that game. They've got a really slick look to their universe, there. Sci-Fi RPG = me buy.

Some of the screens and all of the movies (I believe) certainly lack AA though. So I wouldn't be shocked if the game didn't have any.

Back