What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally broke the wow addiction its been a month now.

been poking around on halo 2 now that I finally got vista installed again (been lazy about it)
next up is witcher and COD4 maybe start poking around TF2 and or DOD:S again

I've recently gotten back into Oblivion. Trying to make an insanely decked-out thief-type character. The plan is to (eventually) get 100% reflect damage and either 100% reflect spell or 100% absorb spell. Such a character would be invincible to everything except arrows, drowning, and his own spells reflected back.

I'm replaying Crysis. I've decided that this game is my single player shooter of 2007. I'm having more fun on hard taking a stealth/sniper sort of approach versus the run and gun mayhem focused approach I took on normal. It's such a great game.

I also got Quake Wars recently because it was on sale for 20 bucks at Best Buy. Haven't played it much yet though.

Still need to finish Witcher, gonna pick that one up and knock it out soon.

I've recently gotten back into Oblivion. Trying to make an insanely decked-out thief-type character. The plan is to (eventually) get 100% reflect damage and either 100% reflect spell or 100% absorb spell. Such a character would be invincible to everything except arrows, drowning, and his own spells reflected back.

I'd be tempted to spend the time wiping out every occupant of Cryodiil with such a build.

sadly, i've had zero time for gaming since i last posted here. Luckily, my life's going pretty well, so i shouldn't complain. I have had time for the occasional wii fit session and regular sessions of taiko drum ds. I actually wanted to say hi and tell you my woman's been gaming a lot lately - zelda and cooking mama 2 for ds, ddr and cooking mama for wii, and a lot of gta:sa for pc.

Continuing on the theme of the Splinter Cell posts, I just finished playing Double Agent and enjoyed it. BUT there were so many glaring faults in the game...not enough cutscenes explaining the story, and what is up with the saved games disappearing on you?! But overall that game was definitely a LOT of fun to play. It was tough to get all 100% stealth on all levels but I didnt bother. The bonus level was fun too :) On a side note I enjoyed ALL the Splinter Cell games and am quite looking forward to the next one. I just hope it is not a horrible PC port.

Lately I've been having a rousing match of "Sandbox Editor" from Crysis. And to be honest, the crap I produce is like a Jackson Pollock painting. Except less organized.

I need a nice walkthrough. I find myself stumbling through the endless array of buttons. Anyone know of one? I figured I knew some map editors, therefore I knew them all. Apparently I don't. Tell that to the floating trees.

Might give site a shot: Linky

I was able to follow a few and make something very basic, mainly a small little island with a few bad guys.

Montreal is making it, it will be nothing short of perfect.

Nice! I am looking forward to it even more...if that was possible :)

I just got GRAW2 and Rainbow 6 Vegas...my god the graphics are insane in both those games cranked up at 2560 x 1600 with every setting maxed out. I really enjoy the cover system implemented in Vegas. I dont think even in realistic mode it is realistic for a bad guy to take like 5 bullets to go down!

with that respect it seems GRAW 2 is an overall more balanced game and the AI is not as stupid as it was in the first game. I hear a GRAW3 is in the works. These games are just perfect for co-oping with buddies who just dont want to run and gun but be stealth and tactical. Awesome stuff.

Next on the list would be Bioshock, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed.

my (original playthrough still playing) archer/thief has only died once (from poison in a tomb). i ended up mastering sneak very early because i didn't realize i was in sneak mode the WHOLE time till after the first few missions (lots of walking at first)

my (original playthrough still playing) archer/thief has only died once (from poison in a tomb). i ended up mastering sneak very early because i didn't realize i was in sneak mode the WHOLE time till after the first few missions (lots of walking at first)

How the hell could you stand that? Walking in Oblivion was stupidly slow, and running in the up right position wasn't even that fast. Let alone sneaking and then the sneak run. :oops:

not just real gaming but actul life as well FFS

i don't even have to look, it's WoW isn't it?

i am currently switching between HGL, HL:EP1 and GoW (well GoW was 2 weeks ago). i think HL:EP1 is the most fun :(. i would play crysis, but i'm waiting for vista SP1.

i would play crysis, but i'm waiting for vista SP1.

Just play it on XP and use config tweaks to get 99% of everything DirectX 10 offers, and STILL see better performance than running it on Vista.

Don't forget Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. It is such an amazing bit of work. Maybe "Martigen's Monster Mod" too. There's also a very cool mod called "Deadly Reflex Combat Moves" that's buggy but incredible at the same time (beheading, bisection, skull crush, hand removal, flipping, dodging AI, omg).

And definitely go here:
http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/obliviontextureoverhaul

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also FRANOOOMMM (Francesco's, Oscuro's & Martigen's all in one). Pretty sure it's still being heavily worked on all the time too...

I want that mod to be released that lets you be a transforming car that can race around the countryside super fast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back