Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it cause some inefficiencies on Xbox Series using Navi GPU ?
In theory every GPU should benefit from low level API.
In practice the problem is the dev is responsible for everything, and the vendor driver team can no longer fix his mistakes so easily.

Let the hype games begin...

PS5 BIGGEST FEATURES HAVE NOT BEEN REVEALED YET, SAYS SONY CEO

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2020/01...rences-havent-been-revealed-yet?sf115653688=1

If they’re as good as the logo reveal, then we’re in for a huge surprise, boys! That was rad.

Oooooh, time to baselessly speculate!

Some sort of system link/Crossfire type thing would be very cool. If it can do that, I'll let Jim Ryan bugger me. And I'm not into butt stuff, even with women, so he should consider himself lucky. I'll also shave my ring piece, so it's like a freshly buttered bagel.

Anyway, enough erotica. How feasible would any kind of system link be?

images
:LOL:
Is this the bargaining stage of coping or still denial?
Do you know the full specs? I suspect you do now don't ya?:devilish:

Let the hype games begin...

PS5 BIGGEST FEATURES HAVE NOT BEEN REVEALED YET, SAYS SONY CEO.
The source for context:

Jim Ryan:Each time a new console is released, the processor and graphics improve. Those are enticing of course, but we need to have special appeals as well. We have already confirmed the use of an solid-state drive. Having load times that are next to nothing is a major change.

3D audio and the haptic feedback support of the controller are also things that, when you try them, you will be surprised at how big a change they are. Even just playing the racing game Gran Turismo Sport with a PlayStation 5 controller is a completely different experience. While it runs well with the previous controller, there is no going back after you experience the detailed road surface via haptic control and play using the adaptive triggers.

“But you know. There are still more unique elements for PlayStation 5 to come that separate it from previous consoles. The ‘bigger differences’ have yet to be announced.”

The source for context:

Jim Ryan:Each time a new console is released, the processor and graphics improve. Those are enticing of course, but we need to have special appeals as well. We have already confirmed the use of an solid-state drive. Having load times that are next to nothing is a major change.

3D audio and the haptic feedback support of the controller are also things that, when you try them, you will be surprised at how big a change they are. Even just playing the racing game Gran Turismo Sport with a PlayStation 5 controller is a completely different experience. While it runs well with the previous controller, there is no going back after you experience the detailed road surface via haptic control and play using the adaptive triggers.

“But you know. There are still more unique elements for PlayStation 5 to come that separate it from previous consoles. The ‘bigger differences’ have yet to be announced.”
Fingers crossed it can do Frappe!!

So the cost could be one of those big differences?

If Cerny says that then it'd be some unrevealed hardware voodoo magic, but when Jimmy boy says it you'd better hope it's not some marketing gimmick.

I'm pretty sure his talking about differentiators compared to current gen not the next gen competition.

The features mentioned are 3D and haptics in the controller, which are new, and an SSD for 'instant loading' experience. Therefore, along the same logic, the other 'features' should be stuff that's new rather than better-than-last-time. Price probably isn't one of them - there have been cheap and expensive consoles before. Portability would be new for a PlayStation major console. In-built pico projector would be new. So would a coffee maker, but the features are probably something realistic.

So, what realistic features could gamers want that could be featured? I don't think RT hardware counts as that's in the 'better graphics' department. Streaming is big these days, so perhaps a camera and mic by default? Always on Alexa-style voice controls as standard? Battery power running off 12 D-size batteries? Camera in the controller that can scan objects? Finger-print/facial recognition log-in? That kinda ties with the camera.

Oooooh, time to baselessly speculate!

Some sort of system link/Crossfire type thing would be very cool. If it can do that, I'll let Jim Ryan bugger me. And I'm not into butt stuff, even with women, so he should consider himself lucky. I'll also shave my ring piece, so it's like a freshly buttered bagel.

Anyway, enough erotica. How feasible would any kind of system link be?

You would fit right in on my office with this type of conversation xD Right at this moment my work colleagues are debating how much is it natural for someone to poo...

Well, it's interesting but considering this is the guy who decided to make a thing out of showing the very safe and expected PS5 logo i am not gonna get excited as it might just be something very pedestrian. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back