Destiny 2

So, I played the DLC content on ps4 as I had the expansion pass and I liked it. Th enew content is good but the new armour again is just cosmetic. All vendors have ornaments for previous sets, so just cosmetic stuff which I find heavily disappointing. Also gheroic strikes dont get any modifiers or anything. they are the same strikes.
I find the PC version far superior in gameplay due to the 60 fps and different tuning,, and coming to ps4 is very off putting and sloooooooow, but I am not sure I wanna buy the expansion pass there considering what I saw on the ps4. Maybe I will try it again another day and see if I buy the dlc on pc or not

Isn't that when the tractor beam is being installed while the photon torpedoes are scheduled to be delivered, and the med staff arrive?

When you read reviews of weapons, you have to consider if they're on PC or console. Positive Outlook has a very low base aim assist of 36, which obviously doesn't matter on PC. Uriels by comparison is 54, the highest in its class of ARs. Uriels Tap the trigger plus HCR perks (even if it was nerfed) will still give you a solid and consistent feeling AR, and I still personally think I might prefer it for PVP.

I just really like the default sight of PO. I haven't played a ton since I started again, so maybe my opinion will change, but a 36 vs 54 AA probably isn't that big a deal.

Plus PO has kill clip, which apparently HCR got nerfed, so kill clip might be the better perk. We all know the point of Destiny PVP is for everybody to try to cheat any way possible, so people love to try to abuse anything like kill clip and will move mountains trying to do it (bitter semi-sarcasm alert).

So the expansion overall IMO is just pretty good overall IMO. The weapons are re-skinned weapons with new perks, many of the exotics are D1 exotics, and the story could've been longer. The new crucible maps are just OK, but I need to play them more to judge.

What is really well done about the DLC is the art, visuals and presentation... all top notch here. The raid lair is also very good, and most of the community seem to be pleased with it as well. The boss battle is probably my favorite boss battle of all time. The raid lair is probably the saving grace of the DLC for me, otherwise I would've thought it was meh.

They gave us another powerful gear activity (Heroic strikes), which is nice. Now we have what, 5?

It's surprisingly a slog to do 3 heroic strikes though. Probably takes an hour and is pretty boring. Maybe break it up by doing one strike then something else, then go back and do another strike etc.

I will say it's really nice to have some non-raid, non-nightfall, rewarding PVE strikes back in the game though.

Public events, strikes, crucible, nightfall. Basically 4. Then you get "Clan XP" for another luminous engram. So, 5. Then you have the raid for another option. Raid doesn't exactly shower you with powerful gear though either.

I'm playing the game in a more leisurely manner than ever, just doing the milestones and gearing up. Once I get to 335 though will I have any incentive to play? Without any record books or grimoire or random rolls, I guess not. I've kinda become disenchanted with the whole raid thing, due to onerous difficulty and LFG pains. Normal raid is ok, but then to put two even more exacting versions on top of it is just stupid.

I dont care much about the masterworks weapons, so far. So I dont think they worked as intended.

I have not got any Masterworks yet. That I know of. I forgot they were a thing, you get alerted if they drop right? Because I'm not checking my drops before I shard or infuse them...

Mercury is kind of interesting though, I like it kind of. Just laid out weirdly and different, although tiny. The way you get yellow bar enemies to repeatedly spawn in certain places, the weirdo super long public event (and only one), etc is kind of different.

Last edited:
So they nerfed exotic engram drop rates and put the flashpoint on the only planet with one public event? Do they even care anymore?

This is my opinion but I strongly believe it is true.

This DLC is a scam. Period.
Bungie is a culprit here and should be taken to task. I have trying to get a refund from BLizzard for my expansion pass which I bought just 3 days back on PC to no avail. Blizzard just doesn't want to understand.

The expansion was supposed to have a campaign, two strikes, a new planet and a raid (or a new PvE activity).
We got
  • a campaign,
  • no strikes ( they are the same campaign missions thrown into strike playlist),
  • No raid ( bungie itself agrees it is a small encounter)
  • and a new planet which is nothing like a planet ! A circle with one lost sector ! Nessus or EDZ is called a planet.
  • On top of that u get guns n gear which are from Destiny 1 ! Something I have paid for many times before and can play with without paying any more money by playing D1.

How is this okay! How is this anywhere near what was promised? Nothing except the campaign is what Bungie had promised for my $35 (Or 20 for this dlc) . No, it is not okay to call Bungie right in this matter and I finally am throwing my hands up. I really really like Destiny gameplay but this ....it seems the ship has sailed and Destiny is just not Destiny anymmore. They saw a gold mine in th emaking and ruined it at the very first step.

Sorry bungie, not a fan anymore :( . I still have HALO CE on my PC, I will still be around in D2 strikes to peek around as BLizzard wont refund me but I wont ever buy ur games blindfolded again. You have lost sight of what makes games great: the belief in the game.

I will b reposting on PC forum. I hope mods dont mind.

I like old exotics back. I want my triple jump hunter boots back for example (are those in there?) Bones of Eao.

They cant just keep coming up with new exotics because there's a finite number of ideas out there, moreso that aren't unbalanced!

I haven't got one masterwork yet, and I've played quite a bit (not raid or trials though)

After week 2 of COO I think it is, I end with all milestones done except no raid, at 325 power.

Sometimes the game is super impressive in HDR on XBO-X. It's funny to me console is now like PC, you have to qualify what you're playing on.

I haven't got one masterwork yet, and I've played quite a bit (not raid or trials though)

Damn, I'm only playing casually on PC (no raiding, no nightfall, and limited play time) and I've already gotten something like 5 or 6 exotics. They are uncommon, but don't seem to be incredibly rare. I get them much faster than I used to get exotics, but I've heard they decreased the drop rate of exotics.

That's fine with me, as it is extremely annoying that you can only equip 1 exotic weapon and 1 exotic armor piece at a time. Bleh. So I'd rather get masterwork at this point than exotics.

Regards,
SB

Huh, for example I've gotten several exotics so far. I already got Dragons shadow, two of those Aeon Swift arms already, etc.

Edit: You get a yellow box and banner. Pretty sure I DID notice the yellow box on one. Gonna watch more carefully now

Editz: Man I had a ton of fun last crucible session with Nightstalker +Tone patrol+Antiope-D+Foetracer. Tone+Antiope is more a 2nd tier fun loadout than "the best" of course, which is Mida and a 450 RPM AR. But that gets boring.

Using the invis can be surprisingly effective seems. Catch em off guard up close with Antiope. Also, you can use Antiope a lot farther than you'd think.

Now I'm rejiggering my gear to get at least 2, maybe eventually 3 class ability cooldowns to spam invis more. Going to have to use blue mods. Purples are just too expensive and limit loadouts. Like sure I can afford a purple class ability helmet cooldown, but only 1. whereas I have 4 blues. So I can put it on more different helmets situationally instead of just Foetracer.

The mod system is still way too complex. I still cant believe you have to jigger/vault your blue mods just to see the purple you want for purchase from the gunsmith. No casual would EVER know to do that which means literally the mod system is fantastically broken and nobody ever talks about it. Its insane.

Invis generally works best aggressively, which is different for me. Of course you have to catch one opponent reasonably alone which is tough the way this game is played. The invis also works pretty good as an evade though. I think Bungie buffed the evade capability in COO right?

Also it seems weird to me, Bungie buffed Sunbreaker and I guess Shadowshot a bit, but left Arc Staff just horrendous (in crucible?)

Arcstrider's always been my gig but at this point there's just zero reason to run it. the super is awful, the class ability is neutered sans invis, the grenades are poor. At least with nightstalker you get a much buffed class ability due to the 2 seconds of invis. Shadowshot doesn't kill much but it's a (poor) shutdown super at least, and if arcstaff doesn't get any kills either you're not losing anything. I guess you could run a lucky raspberry arcbolt arc strider would be about the best you could do (if you dont run Knucklehead Radar though which I kinda tend to like in non-Mida loadouts). Still poor.

Last edited:
Huh, for example I've gotten several exotics so far. I already got Dragons shadow, two of those Aeon Swift arms already, etc.

Edit: You get a yellow box and banner. Pretty sure I DID notice the yellow box on one. Gonna watch more carefully now

Whooops I meant to say masterwork weapons.

Regards,
SB

I used the Forge to get a high damage Masterworks scout but then I didn't check out my coins on Mercury yet. That scout feels like a D1 weapon again only that it's ineffective in the game. No explosive rounds and too slow to deal with anything major.

Anybody here played a Heroic Adventure yet? IMHO the gameplay is plain broken. You easily die and then just rinse and repeat until you get to the end where you "might" run out of ammo if you have bad luck or the "wrong" power weapon.

It felt like a D1 Y1 NF with no burn but Beserk and no safety net/place. In D1 you had a Sniper/RL/Thunderlord you can kill the yellow majors + Synthesis and you could kill the ads systematically but in D2 I felt mostly ineffective.

I ran the 300 Adventure with Origin/Coldheart/Sword at 317. The sword is good for some areas but against these yellow shotgun majors you easily die. Then it becomes a matter of luck/position/repeat with random deaths. How is that good gameplay?

Last edited:
Heroic Adventure solo is really hard and depends a lot on the modifier that changes (daily?).

You can run it co-op, so that makes it easier. I like a challenge, but there are areas in the heroic versions that are just about impossible to clear without dying a bunch of times.

Last edited:
It's not so much about difficulty but the actual gameplay/abilities/equipment/.. in relation to the difficulty. IMHO it's bad game design.

It seems that Bungie can't seem to get out of their own way in the F-up department these days.
Reports are coming in that Fated Engram, the engram that costs you 97 Legendary shards and is supposed to guarantee an exotic you don't already have, is dropping dupes.

In addition, 3 of 9 coins that Xur sells for 31 Legendary shards is actually lowering your chances of getting exotic engrams.

No explanation from Bungie yet.

The one three of coin I used, I didn't get a single exotic. My buddies got one, though. So in other words, they seem to do nothing.

As for the Fated Engram, I heard that if you're on a class that you have all of the armor exotics for, there's a chance you'll get a dupe, which is incredibly stupid.

Fated Engram worked for me, I got "The Colony" exotic grenade launcher which I did not have before. Of course the only exotic I want is Orpheus Rig...

Bones of Eao did not come back in COO? What are they waiting for?

Also, I dont like wardcliff coil

Last edited:
Back