The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Noticed that Netflix is starting a Star Trek series ... cast is promising. Will be interesting to see where this goes ...
Actually it's CBS, but Netflix helped with some funding to get international distribution rights. In the US it will require a paid subscription to CBS All Access to watch the episodes. :/

Tommy McClain

To throw more water on the fire... I heard they're only 10 to 12 minute episodes that will be on the CBS All Access. If true, it reminds me of the free BSG Webisodes that SyFy released. But now CBS is trying to extract more money.

I hope all these extra revenue attempts from various networks fail miserably.

To throw more water on the fire... I heard they're only 10 to 12 minute episodes that will be on the CBS All Access. If true, it reminds me of the free BSG Webisodes that SyFy released. But now CBS is trying to extract more money.

I hope all these extra revenue attempts from various networks fail miserably.
Are you talking about Star Trek Discovery? The first episode "The Vulcan Hello" is 42 minutes.

To throw more water on the fire... I heard they're only 10 to 12 minute episodes that will be on the CBS All Access.
No proper TV show has episodes only 10-12 minutes long. You can't fit a plot in that small an amount of time, even South Park episodes are longer than that...

I believe he means the episodes on CBS All Access are short ones as extra content along with the main show on CBS public channel.

I believe he means the episodes on CBS All Access are short ones as extra content along with the main show on CBS public channel.
Well all I see is that Star Trek Discovery will be on CBS All Access and the only runtime I found is 42 minutes for the first episode.

I never watch webisodes. If it isn't good enough to put in the show proper, it's probably not worth watching.

The facts that were available first was having runtimes of 10 to 12 minutes on CBS All Access. Then they aired the first episode on CBS to try to hook people onto the AllAccess, just like drug dealers do by giving away the first time for free. The episode aired on the CBS TV channel was around 42 minutes. It is unknown how long future episodes will be on CBS All Access. Was the pilot episode special length? Or are the other items of special length? Who knows?

The facts that were available first was having runtimes of 10 to 12 minutes on CBS All Access. Then they aired the first episode on CBS to try to hook people onto the AllAccess, just like drug dealers do by giving away the first time for free. The episode aired on the CBS TV channel was around 42 minutes. It is unknown how long future episodes will be on CBS All Access. Was the pilot episode special length? Or are the other items of special length? Who knows?
Wikipedia states 8 million dollars per episode so it can't be some crummy web crap, because that is Game of Thrones level shit

The uncertainty on how the show will be available is just stupid, purposely holding back any information to try and get people to sign up for some additional streaming service nobody wants. All they're going to do is kill the show.

Wikipedia states 8 million dollars per episode so it can't be some crummy web crap, because that is Game of Thrones level shit

Unless they split up the filmed episodes into smaller parts. *shrug*

The first season is 15 "episodes", broken up into 2 portions. The first portion is 8 "episodes" and the second part will start to stream in January 2018. So they spent 120 million on this show?

The first season is 15 "episodes", broken up into 2 portions. The first portion is 8 "episodes" and the second part will start to stream in January 2018. So they spent 120 million on this show?
Afaik they are going "all out"

But we'll see, I doubt it is nickle and diming but I have been surprised before

Can anyone recommend a good crime/cop drama along the lines of the wire or the shield (doesnt have to be recent)

I can't think of anything that fits that itch exactly, but you reminded me of how good of a show The Shield was. However, if you liked some the drama and violence of The Shield, you might enjoy the series Banshee (was on Cinemax).

The first episode is the only one airing on broadcast CBS. That's the teaser. It will also be available on CBS All Access at the same time. The 2nd episode will be directly available only on CBS All Access right after the broadcast of episode 1. Then every week after, a new episode will be available only on CBS All Access. Basically you get 1 free episode free OTA & then you pay for the rest. Personally I would wait until the whole season is done & then sign up for a free 30-day trial & binge watch it.

Tommy McClain

The first episode is the only one airing on broadcast CBS. That's the teaser. It will also be available on CBS All Access at the same time. The 2nd episode will be directly available only on CBS All Access right after the broadcast of episode 1. Then every week after, a new episode will be available only on CBS All Access. Basically you get 1 free episode free OTA & then you pay for the rest. Personally I would wait until the whole season is done & then sign up for a free 30-day trial & binge watch it.
Is this information confirmed anywhere official?

The launch info is all muddly right now without a whole lot of definites except it's gonna be later than anticipated.

The only two Trek series after the original I liked were Next Gen and Voyager, never was much of a DS9 or Enterprise fan.

Back