Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

Mads Mikkelsen is a legit actor so i can't wait to see what DS ends up being.

really looks like metal gear game. The nanomachine thingy, the zombification..

maybe Metal Gear Survive was actually a work by Kojima team? So KONAMI simply continues their work. Konami did not deliberately made mgs zombie out of kojima's vision

Another "art-noveau" trailer and I still don't have a single idea what this is about.

Someone mentioned it's a modified Second Son engine, so from Sucker Punch.

Ah! I knew there was a reason they went back to a 2013 title with only moderate success to create a Pro version as showcase.

BTW, I'm not the only one thinking the guy carrying the baby pod is Guillermo del Toro, who was initially involved in P.T. alongside Kojima, right?

in3IMND.png

Of course it was even official. Duh me.

Guillermo del Toro must be having a blast. It seems he's a pure writer/director and never appeared in front of the cameras except for small uncredited cameos, and now he's doing the whole mocap thing and being a central character and all.

So cool to know kojima probably went and looked at dozens of engines like unity, unreal, frostbite, luminous, etc. And they decided the small studio's Infamous engine was best.
It wasn't without precedent either, considering their launch game still holds up as one of the best looking ones this gen so far.
Also, tech is just half the story... Sony probably offered him a great deal in the form of support and whatever else.

So cool to know kojima probably went and looked at dozens of engines like unity, unreal, frostbite, luminous, etc. And they decided the small studio's Infamous engine was best.
It wasn't without precedent either, considering their launch game still holds up as one of the best looking ones this gen so far.
Also, tech is just half the story... Sony probably offered him a great deal in the form of support and whatever else.

sony gave him the world!

and he will give sony a universe!

Lookin for those baby back ribs?

Judging by his obsession with Hannibal and the cooking book they released on Kojimas twitter i wouldn't be surprized to see something like that in DS :D

^ very NSFW btw, as was the show

Last edited:
...So do we even know what the genre of th game is or how it plays? I assume a big fat NO.

It must be an open world free to play survival game where you team up with your friends to fight hordes of zomb- skeleton looking zombies :yep2:

...So do we even know what the genre of th game is or how it plays? I assume a big fat NO.
Kojima has talked about it briefly at recent TGS 2016. It's an action game set in a world that has open world "elements", but players can also easily enjoy the story. I presume there will be some sort of hubs, or "wide linear" approach that Crysis 1 used so well.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-13-death-stranding-has-open-world-elements

As for "base concept" of the game, Kojima will base the gameplay on the first two important tools of the early mankind - sticks for aggression and ropes for keeping things attached one with another. In the teaser we see that Mads is controlling those skeletal WW2 soldiers with SciFi-ey ropes, the ability that I presume our main character will also have.

Tomorrow at 22h CET Kojima will hold a PSX Panel where he will talk more about the game. I really don't care what engine he will use, what he has shown today is already so fucking awesome looking. He has such an incredible mind for creating weird worlds, and to tease games so perfectly.

Back