The Order: 1886

Blimblim tells the video will be available on Gamersyde when embargo ends:D

Thats the best news :D ! I am holding off watching anything till it gets to gamersyde !

As for Gears clone discussion, yeah we heard that all over when Uncharted arrived too. And Gears is a stretch of a single gameplay scene of RE4, an underground section where you had to duck behind cover, peek and shoot for sometime. Gears took that and made it the whole game. Kill.Swtich did it before Gears, when Gears was still a FPS. Lets not start that again. TPS started before Gears and is a genre now, not clones.

Thats the best news :D ! I am holding off watching anything till it gets to gamersyde !

As for Gears clone discussion, yeah we heard that all over when Uncharted arrived too. And Gears is a stretch of a single gameplay scene of RE4, an underground section where you had to duck behind cover, peek and shoot for sometime. Gears took that and made it the whole game. Kill.Swtich did it before Gears, when Gears was still a FPS. Lets not start that again. TPS started before Gears and is a genre now, not clones.

Daily motion still up ! Is that the real trailer ?

Game looks nice, but need to check it out from home.

The dude's voice is terribly annoying and it's clearly some sort of reupload, I'd like to see some direct feed before commenting on the content.

OMG ! wow, the mood is fantastic ! Fantastic soft overcast lighting for outdoors and brilliant moody dark indoors. This is it !

Need more info fast and Release date please :p !

EDIT: Gamersyde doesn't have it up yet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious why no high-quality PR is being sent. There's a lot of interest. Maybe they'll release the HQ feeds later and reignite that interest 'for free'?

As for the game, it looks very much like Uncharted on PS3. A maximum production value, solo adventure shooter with a touch of the fantastic and fast-moving monsters as well as human grunts. Uncharted was a huge hit, but I wonder if the single player only aspect will damage this game? Will people sell it on once they're done with the story.

Visuals are exceptional, of course, similar I guess to Uncharted in being fairly controlled environments. So the artists and engine programmers can go all out on the eye-candy. Most impressive thing for me are the cloth dynamics.

good to know that the cut scene are all rendered in real time, not some pre recorded fmv on pc or render farm. Looks like they time they spent looking into solving the shaders aliasing really pays off? It looks so clean that it can be CG yeah.

Few HQ screenshots

TheOrder_1886_Screenshot-12.png

RAD037_PLAYTHRU_SS_038.jpeg

the_order_1886_febdemo_screenshot_20.jpeg

Looks super exciting to me. Game shoots on my number one most wanted list...congrats to MJP and his tec team...first game this gen that excites me wrt to graphics!

I love Gears, Uncharted and TLOU gameplay...so I am quite happy about the few snippets I saw. I still want to see if destruction is in...cloth physics is insanely good looking, but I also hope for destruction in the environment.

Actually the noise and artifacting can be seen in the Eurogamer video and even that isn't super high quality.

Pretty damn impressive none the less.

good to know that the cut scene are all rendered in real time, not some pre recorded fmv on pc or render farm.

I'll never understand why this matters so much to people I guess. When it's a non-interactive movie scene, why the hell does it matter whether it's real time or not? Certainly didn't dampen my enjoyment of watching the cut-scenes in, let's say, The Last of Us.

Either way, after reading the Eurogamer article I'm definitely everything but convinced. Enough with the wannabe film directors already.

I'll never understand why this matters so much to people I guess. When it's a non-interactive movie scene, why the hell does it matter whether it's real time or not? Certainly didn't dampen my enjoyment of watching the cut-scenes in, let's say, The Last of Us.

Either way, after reading the Eurogamer article I'm definitely everything but convinced. Enough with the wannabe film directors already.

When Galhad use the binoculars, you control the view with the joypad! !n some cinematics you can move your gun!

It is cool!

Actually the noise and artifacting can be seen in the Eurogamer video and even that isn't super high quality.

Pretty damn impressive none the less.

In some good quality gif, the noise and artifact are visible but very impressive for real time rendering.:D

Back