Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

thats it...?
not sure if rushing this show is beneficial...the content is obviously lacking...now they have to keep people interested for the whole year...i think sony could have shown more tech demos....or talk about specs and hardware...
i hope they learnt from the psvita experience...unveiled a year before launch...thats not how things work these days....

Well it is holiday this year, in was at the very end.

They said a lot of the specs. 8 core x86 cpu / around 2 tglop gpu / 8 GB of GDRR5 @ 176 GB/s

Alot of custom chips also to support background tacks.

Also a launch date of holiday 2013

All the things we haven't heard about are probably still in flux... Maybe they're also waiting to see if MS announces this kind if stuff so that they can match it.

No look at the system.
No word on specs other than "supercharged PC" with "5GB GDDR5".
No word on price.
No word on price of online services.
No word on launch timeline.

8gb, 8 core processor and almost 2TF gpu [so probably 1.8 from leaks].

Launch - Holiday 2013

No look at the system.
No word on price.
No word on price of online services.
Er, Supercharged PC, with 8 cores, modified PC GPU with "almost 2 TF", 8GB GDDR5 at 176GB/s, and a hard drive.

And again, lots of talk about downloading games and instant play, and predownloading games you might play, but not a single word about optical drive or blu-ray support. Maybe they took the optical drive out and replaced it with an extra 4GB of RAM :)

Now we just need the bad news, PS Live, Prices, Used Games Killed etc...

But in tems of Sony leaning back and not trying to push hardware etc.. faith restored.

Now it's Microsoft that has to sell a console that (based on non factual facts) look weak and old compared to this gem of a console. I hope their Kinnect 2 is really special.

Sony seems to have the Social aspect covered exceptionally strong, they even provide a mic for everyone (just plugin your headset) and the games look strong for launch titles. And Blizzard, Titan could be a reality on the PS4, that would be gigantic for both Sony and Blizzard.

Faith restored.. so far..

thats it...?
not sure if rushing this show is beneficial...the content is obviously lacking...now they have to keep people interested for the whole year...i think sony could have shown more tech demos....or talk about specs and hardware...
i hope they learnt from the psvita experience...unveiled a year before launch...thats not how things work these days....

Did they still have a lot of trade shows coming up. They weren't going to blow their fucking load on this.

Did anybody notice the DriveClub transition to tablet? Have Sony finally got their act together. I think so!!

They said 8 CPU cores, 176GB GDDR5, almost 2TFLOPS and I'm pretty sure they mentioned APU too.

They also said launching holidays 2013.

The whole "enhanced PC GPU" and supercharged PC rubbish was clearly just marketing BS.

So, the only major surprise is the 8 GB of GDDR5. That's going to make for an expensive console to manufacture.

Minor surprises is that it appears Sony may be trying to pursue an always online experience as well with how often they kept mentioning and pushing online. Including ability to be connected to the internet retrieving (sending?) data even when the console is turned off.

Camera system will be always on just like Kinect 2.0 it seems.

Graphics are about where I would have expected them to be based on the specs.

The ability to start playing as soon as a small bit of a game is download, IMO, pretty much confirms that mandatory HDD installs will be in effect.

Online looks to be the big focus for Sony this time around. As well as cross device interoperability. The way the Sony guys kept harping on "simple, simple, simple" just makes it seem they'll be a lot more focused on casual gamers this time around.

Not bad. Wish there'd been some more info released about the console itself, but not unexpected. That will come closer to release. I have a feeling they want to see what price point Microsoft is going to release at.

Regards,
SB

They said 8 CPU cores, 176GB GDDR5, almost 2TFLOPS and I'm pretty sure they mentioned APU too.

They also said launching holidays 2013.

The whole "enhanced PC GPU" and supercharged PC rubbish was clearly just marketing BS.

He said APU with GPU on same die and that the GPU could take advantage of the GDDR Speed

They said a lot of the specs. 8 core x86 cpu / around 2 tglop gpu / 8 GB of GDRR5 @ 176 GB/s

Alot of custom chips also to support background tacks.

Also a launch date of holiday 2013

they aped the apple thing...pretty icons and a quick speech...meh...i want my amd guy on stage laxing about the custom gpu... with the content so lacking, they should talk more about hardware details....i wonder if sony may upgrade the hardware along the way....

they had what....15mins talking about gaikai....literally talking about gaikai with a 2d canvas behind them....the thing is obviously not ready...

I wanted PSN details, launch date, pricing. Instead I got a lot of boring multiplatform demos. 8GB of RAM is fantastic. That puppetteering thing was miserable. The puppeteers literally tilted their wands back and forth, and that's it. Not to mention it wasn't a gameplay demo. That was the low point of the presentation that I saw. 2 hours was way too long. I barely made it through half. Oh, and exclusive content for Destiny is great depending on what it is, and whether MS gets their own. I think E3 is going to be a lot more interesting.

They saved a lot for E3, much more than i was expecting. We'll have to wait at least 3 and half months.

Back