News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is stunningly fast turn around and feedback.

Now that is actually listening to the customer. Not faux business strategy to avoid failure disguised as listening to the consumer.

That is stunningly fast turn around and feedback.

Now that is actually listening to the customer. Not faux business strategy to avoid failure disguised as listening to the consumer.
How do you determine the difference?
Considering the scales of change required, I don't see the difference.

I've to say I'm impress by Sony management, it seems that they are betting the house on making the PS4+environment right and to regain a healthy amount of market share.
I think it is a sensible move, they are asking players money to be able to play online but as a trade off they are doing their best to sweeten the deal.
Impressive.

External HDD *will* be requirement this generation, they can't not implement it, it's that simple... Especially since it's so damn easy too, USB storage is THE most common profile available on any USB supporting device for chrissakes. ;)

Sorry if this has been brought up before but when upgrading the drive on my PS3 I had to backup everything on to an external hard drive. Is Sony thinking that people will be uploading some 500gb of stuff up to the cloud and downloading again when upgrading the HD ? I have to concur with you on this I don't see how Sony won't support external HDs to do at least that.:rolleyes:

Added: Obviously digital downloads and the like can be REdownloaded but it just seems odd that the entire HD upgrade process that is something that Sony touts as a value add is going to be mediated by having the non-DD contents of the hard drive uploaded and downloaded. Could take a week on a dsl line.;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you determine the difference?
Considering the scales of change required, I don't see the difference.

There was barely any impetus for Sony to change this. Hardly the degree of consumer backlash the original pans for Xbox One had.

It's not wrong to recognise the practical reality of the negative response that Xbox One originally had.

Probably nothing but a price cut or free game bundle (bf 4 or similar) would pretty much kill the Xbox one where it stands with the media currently in a frenzy.

Not to be a wet blanket but is "couchjockeyz.com" a reliable source? The US FAQ has not been updated and I do not see any tweets from @yosp talking about this.

Cheers

Some new PSN feature or Android/iOS integration ?

Anyway, I was throwing the PSEye box around. Realized that they print the launch PSEye features on the box cover. First time I see it.

Essentially,

* Facial recognition for login

* Voice command for navigation (is it doable via DS4 mic ?)

* Chat

* Recognize player based on LED light.

They should demo all these in their Review Event.

My guess is Pocketstation-like app for your phone.

That thing was super popular in japan, it took me months to hunt one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back