PS3 - 267k -3.6%

Last Year
Wii 465.8K
Nintendo DS 422.2K
Xbox 360 332.8K
PlayStation 3 276.9K
PSP 100.1K
PlayStation 2 41.6K

looking at amazon I have a feeling the ps3 will do better than expected, Ill add numbers when they come in

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._Down_5_As_Black_Ops_Maintains_Sales_Lead.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see Dance Central in number 8 but the more popular Kinect Sports fell off from the charts.

Very nice debut for LBP2. It's too bad we don't have any numbers to go with it.

As well Dance Central still showing up at [8] despite only being on a single console. It's charting higher in its 3rd month than it did in the first 2 months (11th in Nov. and between 11-20 in Dec.).

Shouldn't be surprised that COD:BO is in the top spot for a 3rd month in a row, but I am. Not that it's in the top 10. But that it's held the top spot for 3 months. It appears that it will end up completely dwarfing COD:MW2 sales. Activision's Q4 2010 financial statement is going to be eye popping.

And I still hate the combined formats rankings. :(

Regards,
SB

Didn't it have better sales in the Dec NPD?

nope, kinect sports and dance central both cracked the platform specific top 10, but kinect sports was 10th. Both had also surpassed 1million in sales.

I don't think its really surprising dance central is ahead when you look at the top 10 and see what is essentially 4 dance titles.

Some numbers starting to trickle in

03. Dead Space 2* (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - 452K
04. Little Big Planet 2* (PS3) Sony - 353K
10. DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You* (PS3, PC) Sony - 195K

OK, that tempers the excitement over the launch numbers for LBP2 a bit as well as DCU Online. I'd expect LBP2 to have good continuing sales however.

Dead Space 2 only doing 452k across 3 platforms is also a bit underwhelming, IMO. Granted this is only February, but hell Halo Wars did 639k in March 2 years ago with a genre (RTS) which isn't popular on consoles and on a single console. Heck Bioshock 2 last Feb. did almost 600k on X360 alone. Dunno why, but I was expecting a better showing for Dead Space 2.

Regards,
SB

OK, that tempers the excitement over the launch numbers for LBP2 a bit as well as DCU Online. I'd expect LBP2 to have good continuing sales however.

Dead Space 2 only doing 452k across 3 platforms is also a bit underwhelming, IMO. Granted this is only February, but hell Halo Wars did 639k in March 2 years ago with a genre (RTS) which isn't popular on consoles and on a single console. Heck Bioshock 2 last Feb. did almost 600k on X360 alone. Dunno why, but I was expecting a better showing for Dead Space 2.

Regards,
SB

Well deadspace was released near the end of the period, not sure how many days it had, but not impressive numbers either way. I don't recall how well the first was received.

Halo wars had the word Halo in the title. :)

Whoops, I forgot this is the report for Jan. not Feb. :oops: Numbers compare more favorably against past January sales. Although Dead Space 2 numbers still look really disappointing even accounting for that compared to past multiplatform or single platform shooters in January.

Regards,
SB

So Wii is somehwere between 381k to 466k. No need for Nintendo to worry about releasing a next-generation console anytime soon.

Whoops, I forgot this is the report for Jan. not Feb. :oops: Numbers compare more favorably against past January sales. Although Dead Space 2 numbers still look really disappointing even accounting for that compared to past multiplatform or single platform shooters in January.

Regards,
SB

Apparently the first deadspace did around 320k in the first 2 weeks on 360/ps3 (it was 10th for 360 alone with 193k). And january numbers are for 4 days. So not horrible considering.

<edit> and apparently they've already sold more than the 1st after a couple weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Wii is somehwere between 381k to 466k. No need for Nintendo to worry about releasing a next-generation console anytime soon.

How do you figure that?

MS PR said:
Riding the momentum of its biggest year ever, Xbox 360 continued to drive strong console and software sales in the first month of the new year. Sustained consumer demand for Kinect helped propel Xbox 360 as the top selling console in January.

That would put it below 381k wouldn't it?

"Riding the momentum of its biggest year ever, Xbox 360 continued to drive strong console and software sales in the first month of the new year. Sustained consumer demand for Kinect helped propel Xbox 360 as the top selling console in January."

So their ceiling sales would be under 380K

Likely they are 20% down YOY.

not necessarily

Riding the momentum of its biggest year ever, Xbox 360 continued to drive strong console and software sales in the first month of the new year.

sounds like 360 may have led consoles

How do you figure that?
That would put it below 381k wouldn't it?
I didn't see that at first, thought it was just for the dollar amount.
No need to have 5 people tell me about it, I misread lol.

It makes me cringe to see 4 dance titles in the top 10 though...

I don't understand this part:
· During the month of January, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: “Call of Duty: Black Ops,” “Dead Space 2,”“Dance Central,” and “Kinect Sports.” (Source: NPD Group, January 2011)
I don't see Kinect Sports in there, are they subtracting the PC sales numbers of DCUO with the "console game title" qualifier? Also where is NBA 2K11 and Ass Creed in that list?

I don't understand this part:

I don't see Kinect Sports in there, are they subtracting the PC sales numbers of DCUO with the "console game title" qualifier?

sure

they are talking about console game sales so their numbers and statements reflect that

It's kinda sad that the first time I hear anything about the numbers is from you guys. Our team never bothers telling us anything :)

Back