[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean look at that guy rubbing hands in the poster shot of the video. You know he's up to no good. :LOL:

I stopped watching after a minute, but that dumba$$ a$^%&#^@^#%@ sucker f@#^#& listed all the set pieces one by one in a single breath. Gave me no time to close the window :mad: !!! And he has a smug smile all along as if he is too happy to have played it already and to spoil it for all :devilish:! Felt like punching him in the nose, now that would make nice story for him :devilish:considering he didn't like the story much !

ANyways, for others who haven't watched, the game looks phenomenal in that review footage. All those who were calling it "not good enough tech" will have to eat their hats when it hits their PS3s ! Even the MP footage was breathtaking :cool::p!

EDIT: Reviews all over N4G. Review scores vary from 8.5 to 10 ! I think people who are getting sick of playing shooters are giving lower scores. I haven't read them all, just what I gathered from randomn reads.

Why does everyone hate Rico so much? They're pretty much all horrible characters so I'm not sure why he's always singled out - well other than he talks the most I guess. Couldn't care less about the story to be honest. I basically checked KZ2 out for the graphics and was surprised to find a fairly decent shooter underneath. Still not sure whether I'll check out KZ3 though as it seems more of the same.

Well Rico was fine in KZ1, in KZ2 the reason why most people hated him were for his actions, For one he got Garza (one of the only characters from KZ2 which people liked) killed, then killed Visari simply out of rage when he was instead supposed to capture him alive.

Well Rico was fine in KZ1, in KZ2 the reason why most people hated him were for his actions, For one he got Garza (one of the only characters from KZ2 which people liked) killed, then killed Visari simply out of rage when he was instead supposed to capture him alive.

He even cracked a joke (Surprise ! Surprise!:D) in KZ1:

Hakha: "Given enough time even a monkey can write a Shakespeare ! "(It was aimed at Rico)
After Hakha leaves, Rico says, "What the Fuck is a Shakespeare ?" :LOL: Gave me a pretty nice laugh back then !

he called it a generational leap.
I think that was all you saw. This is the exact quote, as follows:

Each one of them shows almost a generation of improvement in the poly count and texture department.

The key qualifiers have been put in bold, as to not be missed. So, what's inaccurate about that? How big of a polygon and texture leap do you need to show an almost generation of improvement? Personally, I think a 3x to 4x increase would cover it.

I'm seeing "4x better textures" in the article. Barring translation error by the audience and Google, it could also mean GG has 4x more effective texture memory to play with due to the streaming system. Most of the textures probably need to be higher res since they threw away my :love: soft look.

Well 4x texture size means a texture data file 4x the size thus requires 4xVRAM thus "4x more effective memory system due to streaming" still fits with what I said.

You highlighted 2 reviews but neglect the many 9+ scores?! Gametrailers awared 9.4 for example. 0.1 higher than UC2. I'm not reading reviews, merely looking at the scores and so far, its scoring very well indeed.

I didn't highlight anything. I just clicked on the video link in this topic and also happened to refresh the Eurogamer page a bit earlier. Besides, scores are pretty much meaningless to me. 8.5 is a great score in my book. I've had way worse, and enjoyed it a ton regardless. The written part is what interests me.

I just like a decent story, and apparently the one in KZ3 sucks. While I'd agree with anyone who claims that action games don't necessarily need a story, I do think it can both elevate and also ruin a game.

I didn't highlight anything. I just clicked on the video link in this topic and also happened to refresh the Eurogamer page a bit earlier. Besides, scores are pretty much meaningless to me. 8.5 is a great score in my book. I've had way worse, and enjoyed it a ton regardless. The written part is what interests me.

I just like a decent story, and apparently the one in KZ3 sucks. While I'd agree with anyone who claims that action games don't necessarily need a story, I do think it can both elevate and also ruin a game.
The Gamespot video review said they didn't like the story because it was generic. How many action movies have we enjoyed that was generic? Hopefully, "space Nazis" will be one of those.

Well 4x texture size means a texture data file 4x the size thus requires 4xVRAM thus "4x more effective memory system due to streaming" still fits with what I said.

4x effective texture budget may need more textures/variety to fit the more complex and larger level. They have more things to fill now.

Here is a quick excerpt from the Destructiod review.

Killzone 3 is as close to perfect as online shooters get, and I do not say that lightly. The single-player could still use a little bit of work, but its faults pale in comparison to the amount of entertainment that the multiplayer provides, not to mention that the story mode itself really provides some greatness when it needs to. I don't think the PlayStation 3 has ever had quite such a rounded, satisfactory package as this, with this level of polish, refinement and pure, simple, unpretentious action.

Killzone 3 is the shooter to beat.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-killzone-3-192726.phtml

^ Rico's death would be worth the price of admission alone IMO :LOL:

Why does everyone hate Rico so much? They're pretty much all horrible characters so I'm not sure why he's always singled out - well other than he talks the most I guess. Couldn't care less about the story to be honest. I basically checked KZ2 out for the graphics and was surprised to find a fairly decent shooter underneath. Still not sure whether I'll check out KZ3 though as it seems more of the same.

Yeah… I don't mind the down-to-earth Garza. I don't know why but Rico just rub people the wrong way, and screw everything up.

EDIT:
Ok, I remember Rico got some Gaffers killed by blocking the only way to fallback :)lol:) and generally/sometimes being helpful to the Helghast side.

EDIT:
Ok, I remember Rico got some Gaffers killed by blocking the only way to fallback :)lol:) and generally/sometimes being helpful to the Helghast side.

Note: Never piss of Gaffers, their opinion is the Internet's universal opinion :l:LOL:

Yeah… I don't mind the down-to-earth Garza. I don't know why but Rico just rub people the wrong way, and screw everything up.

EDIT:

Rico was just a grumpy old fart who just couldn't give a compliment without following it with a smarmy negative comment. And he always got in the way if you needed to fall back quickly which you usually did because the loud mouthed moron would always get you noticed when you were trying to sneak up on the enemy.

Templar sneaks quietly up to Helghast camp.

Rico "COME GET SOME! DIE F*$CK3RZ. ETC ETC"

Templar dies in hail of leaden death.

Rico " NOOOOOOOO.... COME GET SOME!"

The move implimentation is awesome definately my favourite way to play now. Took about an hour or so to get used to but now im doing far better online than i am with dualshock, i was expecting u much steeper learning curve than that. For me i dont want to play a fps with dual sticks again to be honest im a convert!

Tried the 3D, i dont think ill be playing in this mode i just cant live with the sacrifices. Its a shame really, 3D adds so much but its a bit like polishing a turd lol. On the other hand the 2D-3D conversion on my samsung works great with this game, full res and no sacrifice to framerate, ill be playing through in this mode for sure. 2D + Depth processing is the way forward IMO. Oh, by the way sly cooper is absolutely stunning in 3D for those intrested ;)

Tried out the 3D mode...is cool!
First 3D FPS I was playing...seemed good, but only played a couple of minutes.

When I want to play online, I always get connection error...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back