PSN weekly updates

Damn! Free??

PSPlus is 100% perfection for someone like me who never buys games at full price when they come out (ok I do, but it only happened with Uncharted 3).

For me waiting for a game like Bio Infinite to become free is just perfect. I wouldn't even call it waiting, as I actually have a life - unlike you people! :LOL: j/k - so I'll pick it up when it's out. It's all a bonus for me.

I think it was Free in the us this month? and supposedly should be free in europe as well, maybe next month.. i know it was all over the "news" when it was announced, but thanks to you i tried to google some kind of confirmation of the europe thing but found nothing..

I played it on the PC and was pleasantly surprised by that game, the tone, graphics sound, music and story made it a very fulfilling experience. I would recommend not reading about the game, avoid spoilers and dial back a bit on the expectations and you should be in for a pleasant experience :)

Sadly, most of these free games are completely lost on me because PSN is such an annoyance to use. Slow, laggy and in some regions, just plain chaotic and messy to the point I rarely even access it.

In fact, I accessed it 3 times since I bought the PS4.

First time to buy Resogun and BF4.
Second time to subscribe to PlayStation Plus and download the free-to-play games.
Third time to buy CoD: Ghosts.

On all these occasions, it was a "use to get" experience, knowing beforehand what I wanted and where to get it. It's a pitty, because if it was a bit nicer to use, I would actually go and have a look and perhaps find one or two things I would actually get rather than reading about it on a forum first...

If it was anything like the Google-Play store (Android), I would bet I would use it a lot more frequently. BTW: Even on PS3, I stopped accessing PSN for as long as I can remember for these exact reasons.

Sadly, most of these free games are completely lost on me because PSN is such an annoyance to use. Slow, laggy and in some regions, just plain chaotic and messy to the point I rarely even access it.

In fact, I accessed it 3 times since I bought the PS4.

First time to buy Resogun and BF4.
Second time to subscribe to PlayStation Plus and download the free-to-play games.
Third time to buy CoD: Ghosts.

On all these occasions, it was a "use to get" experience, knowing beforehand what I wanted and where to get it. It's a pitty, because if it was a bit nicer to use, I would actually go and have a look and perhaps find one or two things I would actually get rather than reading about it on a forum first...

If it was anything like the Google-Play store (Android), I would bet I would use it a lot more frequently. BTW: Even on PS3, I stopped accessing PSN for as long as I can remember for these exact reasons.
Yes I'm shocked at how slow and laggy it is, at least on PS3 since I cancelled my order for a PS4 (I might get banned for this admission).
But it's a small price to pay for what I need to do. Get in, download a game and get the hell out as soon as.

A new Pre-Orders category has been added to the PS4 SEN Store. To my knowledge, this is the first time a digital pre-order has been offered for the PS4 since pre-launch (pre-launch, some PS4 games could be pre-ordered on the PS3). What I'm most curious about is how the pre-order process will be handled, and what they plan to do with it going forward. I'm quite interested to see how they will handle pre-loads, and how consistent that experience will be. Particularly when it comes to developers/pubs who want the bulk of the game to come from their own servers (Naughty Dog with The Last of Us being a prime example).

I preordered KZ and Knack before launch. IIRC when they got released I could "buy" them for free. When I got PS4 a bit later, I become able to download them.

I preordered KZ and Knack before launch. IIRC when they got released I could "buy" them for free. When I got PS4 a bit later, I become able to download them.

Yeah, those are the "pre-launch" pre-orders I was talking about. I'm curious to know how they'll handle them now (beyond what they've done before).

I'm interested to see how this works and I might try this with Tomb Raider - as long as I can cancel it before payment date.

Ideally, I'd like to see the download - well encrypted to prevent another GTA V leak fiasco - to happen several days in advance so that on release day I only need to download a tiny unlock key once payment has been confirmed.

You pay when preordering, not on just about to release date.

That's different to PS3 then where you only have to give your payment details at the time of ordering but the charge doesn't happen (on a credit/debit card at least) until later near release time. Then you can cancel the pre-order anytime in-between.

Don't like. Progress bad. :(

edit: Not sure if this is legal in the UK under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Here we go London Shifty Boitch

PS4 owners, make sure you pick up the simply terrifying Outlast from the team at Red Barrels

PS3:
BioShock Infinite and Metro: Last Light

PS Vita
Dynasty Warriors
ModNation Racers: Road Trip

In summary:
Leaving PS Plus:
29th January: DmC Devil May Cry
29th January: Remember Me
29th January: Soul Sacrifice
29th January: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
29th January: GTA Liberty City Stories PSP
5th February: Don’t Starve
5th February: RESOGUN
Entering PS Plus:
29th January: Metro Last Light
29th January: BioShock Infinite
29th January: Dynasty Warriors Next
29th January: ModNation Racers: Road Trip
5th February: Outlast

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...shock-infinite-metro-last-light-outlast-more/

No idea why I never did it before, but I just signed up to PS Plus and the thing is friggin genius! Already finished DMC - free - and tried Borderlands 2 - hated it but it's bloody free!?
And every month I get a new game, plus all the discounted games... All for the yearly cost of 3 or 4 drinks in London.

Why did no one tell me about this before??

Same boat and I completely agree. Like I said earlier in this thread, I skipped DmC when it came out, but I'm glad that I played it. It's not as polished or as good as the previous DMC games IMO, but it's a very good action game in its own right. So many great free games to play.

Holy Shit : Metro Last Light Freeeeeee :p ! I was always looking out for it during the recent sales but it never showed up and now its freeeeeeee ! Holymonoly ! Looks I will HAVE to go back to my ps3 evwn if. I don't want to .

BTW, this is the game that needs a next-gen port not TR or the Far Cry classic I heard about yesterday ! Bring us Metro Last Light with full gfx effects ont he ps4 and I will buy it as my PC cannot give me a smooth experience with it.

That's different to PS3 then where you only have to give your payment details at the time of ordering but the charge doesn't happen (on a credit/debit card at least) until later near release time. Then you can cancel the pre-order anytime in-between.

Don't like. Progress bad. :(

edit: Not sure if this is legal in the UK under the Distance Selling Regulations.

I filled psn wallet using psn vouchers and then preordered. So maybe it's the same as ps3 if you preorder directly with card.

I had a look last night and couldn't see any pre-order functionality within the PS4 PSN Store itself but perhaps it's either not rolled out in Europe yet or the pre-order system is only present on the web-based SEN store. Perhaps somebody with a US PS4 can check the PS4 PSN store and verify.

I had a look last night and couldn't see any pre-order functionality within the PS4 PSN Store itself but perhaps it's either not rolled out in Europe yet or the pre-order system is only present on the web-based SEN store. Perhaps somebody with a US PS4 can check the PS4 PSN store and verify.

There is preorder for Second Son available in the US store via ps4 store app.

Only in the US you can already pre-order inFamous Second Son and also get the Special Edition for the same price if you pre-order before but not in EUK :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back