PSN weekly updates

Eh ? Sony do put good games, albeit old ones, for free in PS+. e.g., Uncharted 3, Ico HD, Shadow of Colossus HD, etc.

While it may be subjective, EA, Square Enix, 2K Games do have quality games in PS Plus "for free" too (e.g., Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Borderland 2, Plants vs Zombies, etc.).

4XTTT Meant PS4 games, and he is right, the pickings are slim among PS4 games, for very very obvious reasons, but it wont take long before the shower starts and then it will never end :)

4XTTT Meant PS4 games, and he is right, the pickings are slim among PS4 games, for very very obvious reasons, but it wont take long before the shower starts and then it will never end :)

Yes but he used the word "ever". ^_^

Resogun, published by Sony, is free for PS Plus members on PS4. ;-)

I stand corrected but I obviously meant big budget games that require lots of full-price sales before going into the bargain bin.

Resogun, as nice as it is, isn't exactly a memorable experience IMO.
Not like Killzone Shadowfall was during my last week or so.

I'd almost say Resogun is currently underrated. But hey.

By the way, I hooked up my PS4 to my 3D monitor briefly, and Trine 2 looks even better than it already did on PC. Can't wait for that game to support Full HD, but as it is, it looks fantastic, loads of effects, 3D god rays shooting out at you, and much better at solving screen-pop out - almost no ghosting whatsoever anywhere, looks great and incredibly smooth.

Also tried Zen Pinball 2 and it looks and plays much better than on PS3 in 3D, no additional lag now is the most important, but it also has much less ghosting.

Yeah, yeah Resogun is good and fun.

But it's not a memorable experience. It's an arcade game. It's Angry Birds good. Not KOTOR good, for example.
Nowadays, I still think about how KOTOR blew my socks off with that plot twist.

In 10 years, I won't say "hey, remember how shooting all those little spaceships and rescuing little green pixelated people was such an enrichening experience?".

And if anything, I think Resogun is well overrated. Most reviews I've seen so far place it as the best PS4 game. Oh please...

In 10 years, I won't say "hey, remember how shooting all those little spaceships and rescuing little green pixelated people was such an enrichening experience?".

And if anything, I think Resogun is well overrated. Most reviews I've seen so far place it as the best PS4 game. Oh please...

I disagree with you there, I think that about Super Stardust HD or more remember how fun and hooked we where on SSHD? But I think its what kind of experience you are looking for, I did the first chapter of KZ:S and I just felt FPS, really really really, is old to me. Resogun brings back a type of game/challenge replayability I have not had since I had an Amiga/C64/Atari 2600

And there is a plot twist at the end of Resogun, you just need to finish it on Master first :D

Yeah, yeah Resogun is good and fun.

But it's not a memorable experience. It's an arcade game. It's Angry Birds good. Not KOTOR good, for example.
Nowadays, I still think about how KOTOR blew my socks off with that plot twist.

Angry Birds is also one of my more memorable experiences, actually! Awesome gameplay, and cool presentation. I still play something like Rio (loved the recently released fireworks levels). It's the PacMan of our time.

Don't Starve on PS4 is pure awesome sauce. Would have happily paid $15 for this game so getting it via PS+ has justified the first 3 months of fees.

Cheers

I disagree with you there, I think that about Super Stardust HD or more remember how fun and hooked we where on SSHD? But I think its what kind of experience you are looking for, I did the first chapter of KZ:S and I just felt FPS, really really really, is old to me. Resogun brings back a type of game/challenge replayability I have not had since I had an Amiga/C64/Atari 2600

And there is a plot twist at the end of Resogun, you just need to finish it on Master first :D

There's a plot in Resogun?

Whatever, Shadowfall was a great experience for me. I'm sad that the game was a bit too short.
I'm now playing all the Assassin's Creeds in the PC so that I can temporarily trade my Shadowfall for Black Flag with a friend of mine.

Resogun? Great graphics and all, and if I hadn't got it on Plus, it would be well worth its 15€ price. But now I Remote Play it in my Vita in bed when I want to fall asleep.
:)

I thought I wouldn't bother with PS+ because I never play online, but it really is a great value... especially if you own multiple PS devices, and especially if you get it on sale like I did for 29.99. Seems like they'll go on sale at least once a year, too. Got a couple so I'm good to 2016. So many free games on PS4 and PS3 especially. Uploading saves to the cloud is nice, too. Gonna download DmC on PS3 which I skipped because it seemed quite different from the others in the series. Figured why not.

Don't Starve on PS4 is pure awesome sauce. Would have happily paid $15 for this game so getting it via PS+ has justified the first 3 months of fees.
Yup, I've been playing Don't Starve for months on Steam. I love this freeform type of games where you get a lot of freedom to screw up and die. But I'm also a survival game nut. I've not played it on PS4 yet, I almost dare not.

Roll on the weekend :D

Yup, I've been playing Don't Starve for months on Steam. I love this freeform type of games where you get a lot of freedom to screw up and die. But I'm also a survival game nut. I've not played it on PS4 yet, I almost dare not.

Roll on the weekend :D

So i have PSN+ and I download Don't Starve and when i try to launch the game my PS4 tells me that the application can only be started by someone with a license... I double check and I am logged in under my profile and still getting the same message, shut down and restart and still get the same message...

Edit:

apparently this is a known issue with easy fix:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed some good old arcade action and specifically the old XMEN game from Konami since its an awesome 4 player co op game as well. I went searching for it only to find out t was removed from the store. Not only that. But also the Konami Simpsons game. Then I found out that every Marvel related game was pulled away from the store so I have no idea why the Simpsons was also removed

This has pissed me off. Thank God at least I got Marvel vs Capcom 2 before that was pulled away, but now I have to harry and buy the disk of Marvel vs Capcom 3 because as I see it every Marvel related game is pulled away probably because they were acquired by Disney

No idea why I never did it before, but I just signed up to PS Plus and the thing is friggin genius! Already finished DMC - free - and tried Borderlands 2 - hated it but it's bloody free!?
And every month I get a new game, plus all the discounted games... All for the yearly cost of 3 or 4 drinks in London.

Why did no one tell me about this before??

No idea why I never did it before, but I just signed up to PS Plus and the thing is friggin genius! Already finished DMC - free - and tried Borderlands 2 - hated it but it's bloody free!?

Why did no one tell me about this before??

They tried, but it's to good to be true?, now imagine having a Vita, a PS3 and a PS4.

Ohh and Bioshock Infinite should be out later this month, right?

They tried, but it's to good to be true?, now imagine having a Vita, a PS3 and a PS4.

Ohh and Bioshock Infinite should be out later this month, right?

Damn! Free??

PSPlus is 100% perfection for someone like me who never buys games at full price when they come out (ok I do, but it only happened with Uncharted 3).

For me waiting for a game like Bio Infinite to become free is just perfect. I wouldn't even call it waiting, as I actually have a life - unlike you people! :LOL: j/k - so I'll pick it up when it's out. It's all a bonus for me.

Back