Am I crazy? (Car Question)

I'm shopping for the final bits now, I think I've found it...but I've gotta make sure it's an inside the glass vinyl first:

fd4b_1.JPG

Mebbe one of these too:

b2157.gif

Should I glue the foglamp in place or hold off until next week and ask them nicely to fix it for free when I go in for my free car wash?

I'm thinking the second option, just to test 'em....

Definitely the second option - customer is always right

Yeah. I threw some electrical tape on it to hold it in place just to make sure it doesn't pop out 'tween now and then, but the black tape on the black car is hardly noticeable even. :)

It has a rechargeable flashlight in the glove box hooked up to a charger, HOW COOL IS THAT?!?! :D

Yeah. I threw some electrical tape on it to hold it in place just to make sure it doesn't pop out 'tween now and then, but the black tape on the black car is hardly noticeable even. :)

It has a rechargeable flashlight in the glove box hooked up to a charger, HOW COOL IS THAT?!?! :D

It is pretty neat I guess, but I would not be that excited personally as I could rig it myself if I wanted it :)

You have a pretty nice car though. I am glad it has worked out considering your stress level.

Putting myself into those stress levels is what helped me find it though, without it I would probably be driving a rusted out Jeep Wrangler right now.

As for the car, I just love all the little things I'm discovering, It's so fun, it just keeps getting better for me.

/me is rather easily impressed :oops:

Do I need a special clutch or can I learn a technique to save the clutch on fast starts? (Or do I need a computer controlled "launch control" like the high-end cars have?)

I was brought up that fast starts - even controlled-slip - fry the clutch faster.

It's an automatic transmission, only available in some AMG models with the new 6.3l engine. Currently it's only in SL63, comin in some others soon. It is a "special" multi-clutch which you won't see in any other Mercedes models, developed solely for fast switching and this functionality was finally possible with it so we implemented that too.

You can do it as often as you wish, just have to leave it some time for cooling down after doing several such starts in series. It gets automatically disabled until it's cooled down below the upper temperature limit. The display in the instrument cluster will tell you what's going on, it's pretty much fool-proof (I hope ;)).

Digi, nice car you got there, you'll have lots of fun with it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I've got a ´01 BMW 325 myself. I'm extremely satisfied with my example.

And Shaidar, it's an INLINE 6, not a V6, if you please. ;) There's a difference.

My mistake. Dunno why I said V6, I know BMW primarily uses inline 6's...

I went of Yokos when I had a set fitted to my old Renault 5 GT Turbo and they lasted less than six months, but it was a mad little car, about 200 bhp :LOL:

I have Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s fitted to my Subaru Impreza STI and cannot recommend them highly enough, far better than the Bridgestones that are standard fit. More grip, better in the wet and they seem to suffer less wear. Had them on for about a year now and there is still plenty of tread left, the fronts with Bridgestone were due for replacing every year.

Nonetheless, soft rubber performance is not good for toughness. I had some softies that were cut by a plastic picnic knife left in the road...

There are navis with an integrated mp3 player, for example from Blaupunkt. Surely makes life easier, I can only recommend it.

I know I'm going to have to give the new iPhone a look since it can roam in Japan finally...this HTC windows thing I've been using simply blows.

Back