[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Is it 60?

Anyway, from what I've seen while playing the demo, it looks great (Art!) but it's no sandbox. That helps them a lot.

I stand corrected if that isn't the case in other levels. It's not yet out here.

The cutscenes are very good indeed. Script and Tech-wise.

Yeah i recall it being 60FPS, some of the latter levels allow for a much larger degree of free roaming, but I won't spoil anything. Basically a large city which you can run / smash all around....

Is it 60?

Anyway, from what I've seen while playing the demo, it looks great (Art!) but it's no sandbox.

Check out the game then. The demo is a far cry from the actual game. It's a little hard to describe the game because it is so broad. Just like Resistance, the difficulty, intensity and scale ramps up over time. R&C runs on 720p @ 60fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing game, I was surprised at how difficult the last boss was compared to Going Commando and especially Up Your Arsenal. It wasn't a super hard boss, but it felt like a good amount of challenge. The boss in Up Your Arsenal was one of the easiest I have ever played and it really disappointed me, but not so with this game. Currently, more than half way through on challenge mode and working on getting all the holoplans this time around. And maybe this time I will level the tornado gun since I only used it once or twice my first time through.

I was able to get the holoplan completed before fighting the last boss. If you enjoyed the challenge of that fight then its probably best that you didn't have that weapon as it would have made it pretty easy. :D
I can't wait for the sequel! What will Clank become?!

Going through on Challenge mode now with it. More like walking through and holding the fire button. :D A simple weapon at first glance, but very satisfying, in my opinion. I was beginning to wonder what the point was to the Bolts multiplier, as I was pulling in about 4 Million on the first level, until I saw the price of the upgraded weapons, wow! The 2nd play through looks to be just as fun.

My hats off to Insomniac. Two superb games in less than year, one of them a day one launch game. That can't be an easy task! There are studios with years more of development time on their titles that don't even come close. How do they do it? They must have one heck of a well refined development process and supporting toolset.

My only complaint would be the sporadic glitchyness in the controls that would adversely affect jumping, aiming, or the camera at times. Didn't occur a lot, but enough for me to take notice of it.

I was just watching the credits (the ending was okay)

And it mentioned "The ICE team", Im presuming this is the same ICE as from uncharted?, is this technology shared?.

I was just watching the credits (the ending was okay)

And it mentioned "The ICE team", Im presuming this is the same ICE as from uncharted?, is this technology shared?.

Yes, I believe almost all of the Sony titles give credits to ICE team and many others, probably due to tools, but not necessarily EDGE.

Yeah I know the ICE team contributed to EDGE, but isn't it something different to EDGE?, isn't ICE (aside from the stuff in EDGE) only shared among first party?.

What is ICE?
At some point ICE was rumored to be the internal code name of a mysterious engine for Sony's first and second party titles. I wouldn't bet on that though.

In any case, ICE Team is credited because of the tools and libraries they contributed to.
They are a technology group (of Sony) that happens to reside within Naughty Dog.

This has been bugging me for a while now, I was expecting the game to come in at £39.99 being a Sony game, but everywhere I see it online it's £44.99 (talking about RRP here not the discounted price)

Has Sony dropped the "all our games will be £40" marketing point?

Says Sony on the box, and Resistance was £39.99, much like Motorstorm which was also by an "independant" developer.

Uncharted is also listed at £49.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Come one now, they said all their games will be £39.99.

A full ten quid cheaper than everyone else's RRPs.

That includes "second party" games like Resistance and Motorstorm (and should include Ratchet and Clank too)

There is no "excuse" for Uncharted though, that is first party and it's RRP is £49.99.

I will pay it as they are two great games, but fairs fair, they said they would be £39.99 and now they aren't.

What is ICE?
At some point ICE was rumored to be the internal code name of a mysterious engine for Sony's first and second party titles. I wouldn't bet on that though.

In any case, ICE Team is credited because of the tools and libraries they contributed to.
They are a technology group (of Sony) that happens to reside within Naughty Dog.

ICE is a low level toolset.

Team ICE is part of naughty dog

Back