Your greatest in-game challenge?

Original NES Ninja fucking Gaiden, I can't remember how many time I would flung the remote accross the room into the screen.

To date, it is the most frustrating game ever (good game mind you)

Bless you Jacks. I have never beaten the first Ninja Gaiden. It was BRUTAL! The whole business of playing through a level from the very beginning, falling into pits and especially those fucking birds and bats!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Last year I gave it another shot and nearly punched through my screen in frustration. The most evil interval in the game is going through all three acts of the final stage and having to defeat two end bosses - without the benefit of a recharge in between. I hate this evil, evil game...because:cry:

As for recently, I also played Devil May Cry 3, a wonderul game that brought a sort of old school keep dying and keep trying vibe to the gameplay. The second boss Cerebus was a way too hard for a second boss. The rest of the bosses were also pretty challenging.

Bless you Jacks. I have never beaten the first Ninja Gaiden. It was BRUTAL! The whole business of playing through a level from the very beginning, falling into pits and especially those fucking birds and bats!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Last year I gave it another shot and nearly punched through my screen in frustration. The most evil interval in the game is going through all three acts of the final stage and having to defeat two end bosses - without the benefit of a recharge in between. I hate this evil, evil game...because

At last others who remember the utter hell that was the last boss of the original Ninja Gaiden. I was a pro at it though, I was able to fly through all the levels but could never beat the second boss. I tried and tried and tried and finally gave up never beating the final boss :cry: Then NG2 came out and I beat it in 1 day, I thought I would go back and try NG1 again only to break my controller in half. Ninja Gaiden was the first and only time I actually bugged out because my eyes shifted focus and I didn't interpret what I was seeing as 3D but just a flat 2D image...I couldn't clear a jump until I walked away for a half hour.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom for the Atari was another game I never finished, not my fault either because the game kept having glitches.

Many of the orginal games for the NES were just unbeatable like most Atari games.

Hardest games to date...
DMC1-3 when difficulty is up'd (first lvl of first game was awfully hard the first time I played it)
God of War
Stuntman (never finished)
Mario Sunshine (collecting everything)
RE2 (to get everything)
Mike Tysons punchout (when playing with the controller upside down)

A lot of games are too easy, and the older games were hard because they lacked depth and most games would just never end. Thats why most of the games I have listed seem to come from a later time in my gaming life, older games were all hand eye coordination while newer games require more brain matter.

Dregun

MGS3 - time limited final boss fight
Baldur's gate - beating Sarevok
Ridge racers - clearing MAX TOUR
FFXII - beating Gilgamesh
FFVII - beating emerald&ruby weapon
F-zero GX - the whole game
Saga frontier 2 - one of the final battles, I never got past it

Graham said:
There is also a certain XBLA game I'm quite proud to have the full 200pts for...
Geometry wars?

"FFVII - beating emerald&ruby weapon"

Knights of the round table + mimic materia ? ;)

Otherwise : Big Trouble !

As far as I'm concerned...hmmm...Equinox on supernes (Solstice). Not because the game was that hard, but the perspective (a horrible quasi-3D) made the easiest task look like Hercules challenge ! :LOL:

I have two...

Beating the Hades Cup in one go without dying on hard difficulty mode. (The fight against 4 FF characters at once was brutal!!!)

Being ranked in the top 5 in the world in Jedi Knight on the PC at one point. (Saber duels only)

Mine must be actually playing through and completing judge dredd for the xbox..

You don't realise how HARD it can be to push one'self to play through a VERY poor video game just becuase you paid for it and didn't want to feel like you wasted your hard earned cash.. :cry:

Especially when I'd just purchased Halo 2 at the time and didn't want to start that until I'd get judge dredd out the way..

Back