You thought M$ sucks? Now you've been confirmed!

Does M$ suck?

• Total voters

_xxx_

Banned
Read.

When Microsoft said that Windows XP Starter Edition, the cut-rate version of Windows for emerging markets, was for beginning computer users, the company wasn't kidding.

The operating system will not work on computers running Intel's Pentium 4 processors or the Athlon from Advanced Micro Devices, a public relations representative said on behalf of Microsoft. Instead, it will run on computers containing Intel's Celeron chips, AMD's Duron or Geode chips, or processors from Via Technologies.

How's that about discrimination?

EDIT: added a poll

_xxx_ said:
Read.

When Microsoft said that Windows XP Starter Edition, the cut-rate version of Windows for emerging markets, was for beginning computer users, the company wasn't kidding.

The operating system will not work on computers running Intel's Pentium 4 processors or the Athlon from Advanced Micro Devices, a public relations representative said on behalf of Microsoft. Instead, it will run on computers containing Intel's Celeron chips, AMD's Duron or Geode chips, or processors from Via Technologies.

How's that about discrimination?

EDIT: added a poll

Well, strictly from a business POW, it's quite clever. That way people will start on very low-level PCs and WinSE, then when they learn how to use it and see how crap it is, they'll have to buy a new PC and a proper version of Windows! Makes perfect sense!!! :devilish: Those sneaky buggers :LOL:

I was expecting the OS to be simplified, not the hardware.

Holds the mouse near the mouth, "Hello computer, i would like to play Half life 2". Windows is crap, it does not work.

<odd whisper into mouse>"Computer, kill Flanders!"

"Is someone talkin about me? Me ears are burnin'."

<odd whisper into mouse>"Good start, now finish the job."

Back