You like silicon based products and cheese? Pizza Hut mixes both for your pleasure!

Well, as carbon based life forms, we have always admitted that one day we could silicon based life forms in the galaxy, though probably not so close to home.

On the plus side silicon food will be non fattening and have low calories. I can see myself ordering a make it yourself with a topping of sand.

Silicone is made up of several elements. Silicon is used in forming the -O-Si-O-Si-... backbone. It's correct to say it's silicon based. :p

I doubt it's harmful, but I'm rather surprised that the "world’s largest Italian cheese manufacturer" could make a blunder of this magnitude.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the gobs of fat/calories in a typical pizza meal are worse for your health than ingested silicone.

I ate Pizza Hut today. Not only is it cheap tasting but the people at my local Pizza Hut make some really crap pizzas. They always have an uneven distribution of cheese and tomato sauce, sometimes the tomato sauce is almost non-existent which makes for some dry pizza.

Local ma and pa pizza place > Papa John's(the only decent tasting big chain pizza) > everything else.

Local ma and pa pizza place > Papa John's(the only decent tasting big chain pizza) > everything else.

Homemade rules all :p My wife has a nice recipe with a yeast crust, home canned sauce, and homemade beef pepperoni... absolutely awesome pizza! Papa Murphy's (we make/you bake) is also pretty good imo.

Silicon isn't dangerous to humans, so why all the fuss?
Wouldn't our bodies properly dispose of this material within the pizza?

Ever try CPK? They have pretty good pizzas. However, the best pizzas ive had were in south africa. They still mainly use brick ovens, and you can taste the difference.

Update, no silicone for you?

Google's cache drops the ball on this one and can't display the page right, so, you got to grab the PDF to read the new article and the letter.

Boynton’s letter was written in response to an
article appearing in the February 2006 issue titled,
“Clean Up Pizza Hut’s Silicone-Laden Cheese!”
Boynton claims that Leprino is not using
polydimethylsiloxane in “Pizza Cheese” produced under
U.S. Patent #4,894,245. Boynton claims that the
18-year old patent (issued to Leprino Foods), which is
listed on boxes of “Pizza Cheese”, is not relevant.

I doubt it's harmful, but I'm rather surprised that the "world’s largest Italian cheese manufacturer" could make a blunder of this magnitude.
Well, it's not as if they're an Italian company that actually makes "authentic Italian cheese", but rather the biggest, American based company that makes cheese-derivatives to be used in American products that are labeled "with real Italian cheese".

There is a difference. ;)

Homemade rules all :p My wife has a nice recipe with a yeast crust, home canned sauce, and homemade beef pepperoni... absolutely awesome pizza! Papa Murphy's (we make/you bake) is also pretty good imo.
Yes, I just bought a breadmaker today, next would be a pizza-maker, if they exist. :)

Google's cache drops the ball on this one and can't display the page right, so, you got to grab the PDF to read the new article and the letter.
Then again, I'm pretty sure you're not about to argue that the stuff they sell has any resemblance to real cheese as we know it over here, in any way or form. :)

Back