Xbox Fitness - [XO, Kinect]

I'm doing P90X3 also. Wrapping up week 1. So far so good. My pullups have been non existant for a few years so I knew I'd suck on those. Started off with sets of 8 and ended the workout with sets of 2 :( lol

Just did T25 before this (incl. Gamma) and last year I did Insanity twice in a row which was waaaay too much.

So far I have to say, T25 is the easiest but extremely well done but once you're in decent shape P90X3 is the next step. T25 would be *the* perfect workout to have on Xbox Fitness.

Insanity is all push muscles and no real workout for your pull muscles. It's also too taxing and I think it's counter productive to maximizing the workout. Your body starts breaking down.

When I was young I was into football (soccer) for nearly all my free time with some sides of cycling, roller skating, and roller blading, so I never got into weight lifting or really anything more than basic cardio exercise. When I started working out this year, I could maybe do two chin ups and a single pullup. It was quit funny to see me struggle. Now I'm finishing The Challenge in the 8 - 10 range depending on how I feel. Pullups are no joke, so don't let it hit your ego.

I tried some of the Insanity workouts but felt the high impact. I didn't get that impression from the few clips I saw of the T25 program. With Insanity, my left ankle was popping nearly the entire time even with excellent ASIC GEL CrossFit shoes.

Anyways, had a look at the new "P90X for Xbox Fitness". They have the following workouts listed:
  1. Chest, Sholders and Arms, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands / optional Power Stands (35 Minutes)
  2. Fighter X, Cardio, No equipment (50 Minutes)
  3. Legs, Back and Core, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands (40 Minutes)
  4. Power Cardio, Cardio, optional Power Stands (45 Minutes)
  5. Total Core, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands (45 Minutes)

The pre-existing P90X workouts are:
  1. Sholders and Arms, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands (60 Minutes)
  2. Plyometrics, Plyometrics, optional Mat (60 Minutes)

I think they should have included Ab Ripper X or Ab Ripper X3 as well as X3 Cold Start in this new package.

When I was young I was into football (soccer) for nearly all my free time with some sides of cycling, roller skating, and roller blading, so I never got into weight lifting or really anything more than basic cardio exercise. When I started working out this year, I could maybe do two chin ups and a single pullup. It was quit funny to see me struggle. Now I'm finishing The Challenge in the 8 - 10 range depending on how I feel. Pullups are no joke, so don't let it hit your ego.

I tried some of the Insanity workouts but felt the high impact. I didn't get that impression from the few clips I saw of the T25 program. With Insanity, my left ankle was popping nearly the entire time even with excellent ASIC GEL CrossFit shoes.

Anyways, had a look at the new "P90X for Xbox Fitness". They have the following workouts listed:
  1. Chest, Sholders and Arms, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands / optional Power Stands (35 Minutes)
  2. Fighter X, Cardio, No equipment (50 Minutes)
  3. Legs, Back and Core, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands (40 Minutes)
  4. Power Cardio, Cardio, optional Power Stands (45 Minutes)
  5. Total Core, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands (45 Minutes)

The pre-existing P90X workouts are:
  1. Sholders and Arms, Strength, Dumbbells / Resistance Bands (60 Minutes)
  2. Plyometrics, Plyometrics, optional Mat (60 Minutes)

I think they should have included Ab Ripper X or Ab Ripper X3 as well as X3 Cold Start in this new package.

Yeah, just wrapped up week 1 and so far only the pull-ups are giving me issues.

The CVX and Warrior workouts, I could comfortable hang with along with whatever the 2nd day was. The total synergetics and the challenge with all the pull-ups are my bane right now but I really like that I have a LOT to improve in that area so it'll keep my motivated.

Overall, I'm very happy with the workouts and will probably do the 30day xbox version when I'm done with this cycle. I did get Elite block also to wrap up.

I'm doing P90X3 also. Wrapping up week 1. So far so good. My pullups have been non existant for a few years so I knew I'd suck on those. Started off with sets of 8 and ended the workout with sets of 2 :( lol

Just did T25 before this (incl. Gamma) and last year I did Insanity twice in a row which was waaaay too much.

So far I have to say, T25 is the easiest but extremely well done but once you're in decent shape P90X3 is the next step. T25 would be *the* perfect workout to have on Xbox Fitness.

Insanity is all push muscles and no real workout for your pull muscles. It's also too taxing and I think it's counter productive to maximizing the workout. Your body starts breaking down.

I actually did all three as well, finished P90X first, then insanity, then T25. P90X was great although some of the routines were a bit long. I still do P90x now but I customized it for myself, shortened the routines, tweaked it a bit, etc. Insanity was really tiring and a good workout but it seemed *way* too high impact for my tastes so I haven't gone back to it. T25 is excellent, not too long and you don't need much gear, it would be a perfect fit for Xbox fitness. The main reason I didn't go back to it is because I wanted more muscle training. Having endurance is nice and all but I like having veins on my arms along with packing extra muscle, which is why I do a modified P90x now. I've never tried P90X3...probably need to look into that if I get bored of the first P90X.

It's cool that they customized P90x for Xbox. It's a great routine that just needed some tweaking, which seems to be what they have done.

This year I only did a 1:3 ratio of run:insanity workouts. Even though I ran about a 1/3 of the time I normally train, my run time improved 20 seconds per mile over a 3-5 mile run.

Felt that I was overly more fit as well.
I'm in the same boat. I run a couple of times a week (usually between 6-10 miles each session), and I've gotten to the point where I can average a 9 min/mile pace over an 11 mile run. I'd like to run a half marathon in under 2 hours, but I feel like I've hit a plateau (both in running pace and weight loss). I'm looking to change things up to break through the plateau. I hate hitting a wall. It de-motivates me. I've also changed my diet since I've been losing weight. I know I need to eat more than I have been, but I'm not sure what I should eat or how much. Do these fitness apps talk about meals at all? I hope so, because nutrition is a huge part of fitness.

I'm in the same boat. I run a couple of times a week (usually between 6-10 miles each session), and I've gotten to the point where I can average a 9 min/mile pace over an 11 mile run. I'd like to run a half marathon in under 2 hours, but I feel like I've hit a plateau (both in running pace and weight loss). I'm looking to change things up to break through the plateau. I hate hitting a wall. It de-motivates me. I've also changed my diet since I've been losing weight. I know I need to eat more than I have been, but I'm not sure what I should eat or how much. Do these fitness apps talk about meals at all? I hope so, because nutrition is a huge part of fitness.

Maybe a keto diet is something for you?!? More and more endurance athletes start to change to a keto diet, because of the hitting a wall thing...

I am on a low carb diet (I assume that's what you mean by "keto" diet). The problem is, once you lose most of your excess body fat, you need to eat more carbs or your blood sugar will crash.

Maybe you've just swung too low on your calories.
It's possible. That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out. I've started to eat some whole wheat pastas and rice and I definitely feel better and more energetic (ran my fastest pace too), but I've also started to gain a little weight, which worries me given the level of physical activity I'm currently doing.

You're right about the pseudo-science bullshit though. Talk to 10 different people, get 12 different opinions on what one should do.

It's possible. That's one of the things I'm trying to figure out. I've started to eat some whole wheat pastas and rice and I definitely feel better and more energetic (ran my fastest pace too), but I've also started to gain a little weight, which worries me given the level of physical activity I'm currently doing.

You're right about the pseudo-science bullshit though. Talk to 10 different people, get 12 different opinions on what one should do.

Interesting. Maybe it's not the amount of calories, but how often you eat. Maybe go back to the calories you were eating before, but spread them out a bit, incorporating a few more snacks. Eating 3 solid meals and snacks every 3 hours or so has been great. I used to not eat a good breakfast and the energy drop wouldn't hit me until much later in the day, even if I'd eaten my lunch and snacks through the day.

Too bad the yoga isn't included. I'd think with all the new kinect stuff it would give good feedback on yoga form. I may try and hit up a couple of those cardio workout anyway, these days I hit the gym to lift 5-6 days a week but I have been slacking hard on the cardio, this might be a good way to get back into it.

The amount of bro-science out there is insane. I guess it is just a symptom of all those 'fitness blogs' where people want to keep their traffic up so they just start making up stuff to talk about. You can only tell people to eat below maintenance, cut sugar carbs and exercise so many different ways :p

Nrp, you need carbs for sustained energy. Low carb is one thing but it's easy to go too low and Hit plateaus too early.

Joker, p90x3 is exactly the workout you should look at. 30mins and heavily focused on putting good muscle on all places. In one week I'm already seeing results past what I'd accomplished doing Gamma with t25. More importantly I don't feel beaten up at all.

Back