X-Men Origins: Wolverine

AlNom

Legend
Just trying out the demo on 360. Soooo awesome. And bloody. :oops: :devilish: The combat seems pretty good. It's like a mix of God of War (QTEs and brutal action moments) and Ninja Gaiden II (slice and dice brutality, complete with lunging and cinematic camera views of certain limb cutting). Heh, and even a little tomb raider with ledges & ropes...

Unreal Engine... Appears to be 720p. Frame rate can drag at times... some amount of tearing... similar to Gears I suppose. Moving into the waterfall takes its toll despite not having deformable water. :s

Really cool to see the wounds heal on Wolverine's body. Apparently, you can level up and upgrade skills. I think I might actually get this...

If you do, post more impressions of the game. I was actually looking at the PC version of this for a nephew of mine.

However, with the blood and whatnot I think I'll pass on it for him. On the other hand, what you are saying sounds pretty interesting and might be fun for ME to play. Heh.

Regards,
SB

If you do, post more impressions of the game. I was actually looking at the PC version of this for a nephew of mine.

I actually would not recommend this for a younger audience. There were... some rather graphic moments in the demo even (like shoving a guy's head into the helicopter blades. ahem...)

However, with the blood and whatnot I think I'll pass on it for him. On the other hand, what you are saying sounds pretty interesting and might be fun for ME to play. Heh.

The blood is fairly minimal in the grand scheme but it's just the limb cutting and interaction with certain environmental objects (impaling) that can make it rated beyond PG-13 without a doubt, IMO.

I had fun. :) Checkout the demo!

Anyone liked the movie btw? Was gonna see it but heard some down things about it. How similar is the game story wise?

Seems like this years Conan. I'm not sure it will be worth $60 unless you are a huge fan, this will be sub-$30 in a few months I'm sure.

OMG! This is the most shockingly good Raven game for me since Soldier of Fortune! Kudos Raven, an exceptionally well made game. :)

$60 is a bit much but if I can find this for $40 or below, I'm in. Demo was quite fun. Thanks for the tip, Al!

I very much enjoyed the demo and will most likely be purchasing the pc or ps3 version. A solid step above what I was expecting out of this title.

Demo was pretty good. I would have been pleasantly surprised if I didn't read the positive comments before downloading. The leveling system seems to be pretty good and the combat seems to have some depth.

Back