Work trip

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Hey guys,

I just got some really good news today! I'm going to Germany for work for 1 or 2 weeks. This is the first time i ever travel abroad for work and i'm excited as hell!! Not because i particularly like Germany (i mean.. who does anyway? :devilish: ), but because this single event open a lot of new opportunities for me in my company, and it goes without saying, it will be very financially beneficial to me in the long run when it comes to negotiating my payrise and bonus in July.

*Happy bunny!!*

To all the work-travellers out there, i'm in the club now!! :D

I'll totally hate it when i'm actually there (i'll have to work like a proverbial dog) but just the idea really excites me!

Nice! Make sure you tear them a new one with your expenses claim, make them think twice about sending you again! :devilish:

Which bit of Germany by the way? Anywhere nice? ;)

(Germany = good beer, bad sausage).

nutball said:
Nice! Make sure you tear them a new one with your expenses claim, make them think twice about sending you again! :devilish:

Which bit of Germany by the way? Anywhere nice? ;)

(Germany = good beer, bad sausage).
I'll be going to Frankfurt... Gonna google around cause i wanna see what's there to see :D

And i'll have to be good, there is another trip planned to Singapore in September which i might be chosen for, so i think i'll play nice now, i'd LOVE to go to Singapore :D

digitalwanderer said:
Congrats LB, when is the trip?
It's all happening quite quickly too, i'll leave on the 15th and come back either the weekend of the 19th or the one after... just in time for my bank holiday weekend of debauchery! :LOL:

london-boy said:
I'll be going to Frankfurt... Gonna google around cause i wanna see what's there to see :D

Not much to see in Frankfurt, unfortunately. Pretty lame city. Try Cologne or Berlin over the weekend. Actually, Cologne is Germany's "gay capital", so you might like it there ;)

_xxx_ said:
Not much to see in Frankfurt, unfortunately. Pretty lame city. Try Cologne or Berlin over the weekend. Actually, Cologne is Germany's "gay capital", so you might like it there ;)

I don't think i'll have time to go i'm afraid... Craig will be joining me if i stay the weekend. Besides, Frankfurt has some really good clubs from what people told me... ;)

There are indeed quite a few good clubs there, but that's not what I understand as "interesting stuff to see in a city", if you get me. You got enough of that and more in Londonium already. And a trip to Cologne is just about 2 hours from there, deinitely worth a look. Frankfurt is just a soulless bunch of skyscrapers and not much more to me.

We have a rather huge party on sunday near Frankfurt (in Mannheim), I'd invite the two of you but it's not my party unfortunately. Oh well.

Close to Wiesbaden though and it's a great town.
I travel way too much and I don't really enjoy it unless my woman is with me.

Just found out the office is actually in Neu Isenburg, which is just outside Frankfurt, though i'm not sure quite how far we're talking about. And all at once it just hit me: i will actually have to WORK.
I was already planning things to see and all that, and i'm still not sure where i'll be staying, hopefully it's closer to Frankfurt than New Isenburg.

Oh, is there a site that actually WORKS, to get directions and maps... I only found MSN stuff and i tend to not-trust MS in my day to day life...
Google Maps don't have Germany yet...

EDIT: oh right... Total Distance: 6.4 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 13 minutes
That's not bad, i'm used to London, that's quite close compared to my daily travelling time to work.

YAY GO LordBritish!!!
Japan is a great place for gay women with a population of me. :D

london-boy said:
Hey guys,

I just got some really good news today! I'm going to Germany for work for 1 or 2 weeks. This is the first time i ever travel abroad for work and i'm excited as hell!! Not because i particularly like Germany (i mean.. who does anyway? :devilish: ), but because this single event open a lot of new opportunities for me in my company, and it goes without saying, it will be very financially beneficial to me in the long run when it comes to negotiating my payrise and bonus in July.

*Happy bunny!!*

To all the work-travellers out there, i'm in the club now!! :D

I'll totally hate it when i'm actually there (i'll have to work like a proverbial dog) but just the idea really excites me!

_xxx_ said:
Google Earth does.

I know, but i can't install it at work, i'll have to have a look at home.
Anyway, it looks like the journey from central Frankfurt to wherever my office is, is shorter than my trip from home to work here in London, which is good.

K.I.L.E.R said:
YAY GO LordBritish!!!
Japan is a great place for gay women with a population of me. :D

Well we do have an office in Tokyo... Might have to visit... Purely for professional reasons of course! :D

london-boy said:
I know, but i can't install it at work, i'll have to have a look at home.
Anyway, it looks like the journey from central Frankfurt to wherever my office is, is shorter than my trip from home to work here in London, which is good.

Then try www.map24.com. They even offer a nice 3D route flight in Java.

Back