Windows XP Blue Screen (HELP)

Again sorry for the inconvinience.

I get the following blue screen:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage on your computer

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.

Technical information:

****stop:0x000000ED (0x86760BF0, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

Anyway, it starts loading windows then briefly shows the blue screen then it restarts automatically.

I cant beging a sesion in safe mode either. Same result.

Heres what i did previously:

First i run ad aware. Then i installed the windows XP service pack 2, i left the computer runing downloading something a few hours later there was a power interruption while the PC was on. After that my problem happens.

I think ad aware erased the following file: i think it was "soundmon.something"

Any help will be apreciated.

Yea, i can boot in the bios.

I think the hard drive is ok, since it starts loading XP normally. After few seconds it presents the blue screen like a flash and it boots me to the begining.

Its a 120 GB with one month of use.

Your HD may be ok, but you prolly destroyed some system files. Try the "repair" option from the WinXP CD, that might cure the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q297185/

This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions is true:
• Your computer uses an Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller, and the following conditions are true:
• You use a standard 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
• The basic input/output system (BIOS) settings are configured to force the faster UDMA modes.
• The file system is damaged and cannot be mounted.

in your case, the file system might be screwed. the link offers some possible assistance.
Note: Typing error codes into google is easy. I am not berating you, but...give a man a fish, feed him for a day. teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

Thanks for all the responses.

But the PC just stoped working, it doesnt start or power on. I think is either Mr. Prescot got fired or the power suply.

Again thanks for the help.

Refreshment said:
I think is either Mr. Prescot got fired or the power suply.

I think you mean: Mr. Prescott got on fire! :mrgreen:

Though, sorry for the loss, dude... try that HDD in another computer and back up your data before attempting anything else, that is, if that HDD still works.

rebooting

I had same prob....tried multiple HDD's... finally was M-Board...was fried bad capacitor. I could use the Bios but there is a pwr drain in the OS load and with a bad capacitor it will reboot again and again or just shut down depending on the capacitor.

Good Luck

Back