Williams Confirm Button will Drive for BAR

Powderkeg said:
How about at Spain in 1994 when his car got stuck in 5th gear half way through the race, and he still finished 2nd?

A small miracle that. I remember seeing the expression on Damon's face in the post race press conference when Michael revealed what was up with the car, he was totally gobsmacked.

avaya said:
A small miracle that. I remember seeing the expression on Damon's face in the post race press conference when Michael revealed what was up with the car, he was totally gobsmacked.

I actually have that race on video tape.

In fact, I've got the full 93-97 seasons all on video tape, including Senna's death at Imola. I've been a huge fan of F1 since seeing it live at the Dallas Grand Prix in '84.

avaya said:
It's a 40% stake. Same as Mercedes have with TAG-McLaren. :)

Actually it's 45% as per my post above.

I've always been a Michael Schumacher fan. Even that year that Senna died .. and I'm portuguese.

US

Unknown Soldier said:
Actually it's 45% as per my post above.

I've always been a Michael Schumacher fan. Even that year that Senna died .. and I'm portuguese.

US

My mistake. :)

Unknown Soldier said:
.. and I'm portuguese.
Really?? I always thought you were from the US... :D

Anyway, I was a Prost fan and after he left I kinda rooted for the underdogs. I guess I never liked Senna's attitude in some races and it's the same thing with shummi for me.

How about monteiro? Any hope he'll get a better car/team? Sponsors will be hard to get... :(

t0y said:
Really?? I always thought you were from the US... :D

Anyway, I was a Prost fan and after he left I kinda rooted for the underdogs. I guess I never liked Senna's attitude in some races and it's the same thing with shummi for me.

How about monteiro? Any hope he'll get a better car/team? Sponsors will be hard to get... :(

Prost was always considered a gentelman driver, much like Gerhardt Berger was. Senna was brash and arrogant (Although not entirely without reason) in comparison.

I don't think Monteiro will have much of a career in F1. He seems destined to be stuck with the bottom 5 teams.

The two people I am looking forward to seeing next year are Felipe Massa and Mark Webber. I think both have a very good chance at making a run for the drivers Championship if they could just get a good enough car.

So BAT is finally gone. All we need now is for Ferrari to abandon Philip Morris and Renault to let go of Mild Seven.

avaya said:
So BAT is finally gone. All we need now is for Ferrari to abandon Philip Morris and Renault to let go of Mild Seven.

And halve their budget? I don't see that happening that soon.

_xxx_ said:
:oops: Hot! I wonder how they will be doing in the next years. I expect a lot from Honda, they've got some damn good engineers there.

I expect a lot from their engine, but I wouldn't place my bets on their chassis. As Toyota has found out, it's not very easy to start building F1 chassis from scratch, especially when you have no previous experience at it.

_xxx_ said:

Well, the EU anti-tobacco ban comes into full force in 2007 in any case. I don't think Phillip Morris will spend that amount of dosh anyway whilst having to run with no advertising on 75% of the tracks.

_xxx_ said:

Waaa?

They got a string of sponsors willing to take their place. Coke is making noises about getting into this.

Many large companies have actually been unwilling to jump in to the sport because they do not wish their brands to be seen together with tobacco ads.

Obviously the initial budgets for the teams after the impending tobacco bans will not be as astronomical. However with competition over a short time the money generated will again be obscene.

Back