Will an Nforce Chipset cause conflicts with an ATi card?

FX5900

Newcomer
Damn, it's hard to find a mobo that supports AMD 64 socket 939 that has a Sis Chipset. Most R nforce chipsets. I don't want socket 754 because if i recalled correctly, it doesn't support Dual channel memory.

Someone in here told me that the SIS chipset is better and more stable for video editing....I have never use a mobo with a SIS chipset.

.....i have chosen the ATi AIW 9600 pro...and afraid that will conflict with the nforce chipset. Never used an Ati card before....

any help would be nice..thanks!

No, it wont. I had two different NF3 boards and X800 Pro, worked fine. Same for my 6800GT. I have a NF4 and X850XT/PE and it works fine.

There is however alleged problems with NF3 and 6800 cards. But as I said, I never had any troubles with it.

FWIW, I've been running an ATI video card on nForce2 system for nearly 3 years now with no issues. Granted thats Socket-A realm, but I've seen numerous people with nForce-4 Socket-939 boards running ATI X800/X850/X700/X600 cards without any issues.

As for SIS chipsets, I'd rather avoid them if at all possible. Some bad experiences in the early days of AMD Athlons and Intel P4s.

I'm a happy and satisfied ATI videocard and nforce2 mobo owner.
I've been a happy dude every since installing an 9800pro in my asus a7n8x dlx.

There was a time when you could have a Cyrix or AMD CPU with an Intel chipset, and there was no problem for that.

On AMD64 systems the chipset is no longer that important BTW for stability and performance. (as the memory controller/FSB is in the CPU). More than ever stability is about having a reasonable good quality RAM and PSU

No it wont .. I had 3 systems and still running one with nforce + ATI .. no problems at all.

RainZ

My Nforce3 board actually gets along better with my Radeon than my Geforce. Apparently the Nforce3 250 doesn't like fastwrites in conjunction with 6800gts and ultras, but they work fine when I plug in my x800.

Back