Why dont PC makers include good Video cards?

Wolf said:
How many people in these fourms get calls from family members complaining about how slow their computer is blah blah blah. That's why I refuse to build systems for family and friends. I send them to Dell so when their budget computer doesn't work like they want it to they have someone else to cry to.

LoL. I do this all the time. People ask me about building a computer for them, and I say no. They ask me what to buy, I tell them go to Dell... because I know thats what they wanted to hear in the first place.

:LOL:

not quite, but it seems someone is getting some sort of hint here in the UK - too many complaints?
Time are now advertising their PC's as having "blah-de-blah onboard gfx accelerator - with vacant futureproof AGP slot for upgrading", at least in a newspaper ad i saw the other day anyway

TheMightyPuck said:
I guess the question is: why? Why do people need 3ghz p4s and flock to them but not give a crap about the graphics card?

How DARE you compare the ability to rip MP3 5 seconds faster to something as pointless as solid gaming performance! :p

People only see the proc speed--maybe the RAM (number only, of course, not type)--and know basically nothing about anything else. OEM's are looking to shave cost and eek out profit in every area they can. Therein lies the answer.

It'll be interesting to see how the integrated graphics war progresses, however. ^_^

Back