What's your GOTY(or games)?

PC - Warcraft III, Natural Selection runner-up (okay, it's just a half-life mod, but so was Counterstrike) DOOM3 Leaked Alpha special 3d-graphics mention, UT2003 2nd place in graphics.

XBOX - MechAssault, Splinter Cell runner-up. DOA3 and Halo are last year, otherwise it would be Halo then Mech.

PS2 - GTA:VC, FFX runner-up.

GC - No clue, I am not a GC fan.

PC - pretty dry, but Warcraft 3, maybe AoM when I play some more.
PS2 - Contra
Xbox - ???? I have no idea.
GC - SMS
Arcade - VF4 Evo

Isn't Halo, ICO, DOA3 last year game ?

V3 said:
PC - pretty dry, but Warcraft 3, maybe AoM when I play some more.
PS2 - Contra
Xbox - ???? I have no idea.
GC - SMS
Arcade - VF4 Evo

Isn't Halo, ICO, DOA3 last year game ?

Simply cannot find others to get pass DOA3 (I have only a total of 5 X-BOX games comparing to my big collection of PS2 games, 11 GCN games and 8 DC games), and ICO is still my favorite until a more involving game came along. Indeed, FF-X is considered a game for last year for Japan but I still love it.

There are not many games that I think is as emotionally involved as the ones listed. May be I have too little time for games this year.

If I have to select GOTY for strictly this year (2002), then the changed list

PS2 - Ape Escape 2
GCN - One Piece treasure battle
X-BOX - Nil (availability of Japanese versions are a major factor)
PC - MOHAA

Across all platforms, the unequivocable choice should be Steel Battalion. No other game this year has even come close to enhancing our idea of gaming like this game. The immersiveness of this game is a really difficult thing to understand until you get it in front of you with a decent HT setup. You are piloting a giant walking tank, and there is absolutely nothing to break the illusion of that. I'm seriously considering going out and getting a pilots helmet when I play it (when I have time) because it just feels right. Of course with most web community types being lemmings, its likely to be some other massively overhyped retread of a retread, and I feel its a shame that such a watershed game won't get recognized.

I'm really thankful that its moving as many units in the US as it is (from my own information) because I think it inspires developers to make edgy games with radical concepts, and assure publishers that they can be successful in the market if they are properly realised. I think when the Xbox project was started, this is the type of content that the Xbox guys really wanted to see, this is the kind of game the really creative developers always wanted to make, and depending on how it does sets a wonderful precedent for the future.

Just to pre-empt the inevitable babble, if you havent played Steel Battalion yet, you should. If you are going to post something denigrating about the game, when its obvious you have not played it, you are an idiot.

You could also get unprecedented immersion by buying a full sized Arcade racing simulator, complete with hydraulic force feedback. Of course, that's way out of reach of the average gamer's budget. So is Steel Batallion.

my GOTY? dont know... i liked Munches Oddysee (came out this year in europe), but it hardky deserves GOTY.
to be honest there wasnt a really good game i played this year.

Why NOLF2? NOLF was better.

The same consideration completely rules out UT2k3/UC in my opinion.

Although I guess you could say the same for Warcraft III... =/

Back