What's up with GT4 Mobile for the PSP?

carrot_string.jpg

see colon said:
:LOL:

From Gamefront via Izzy @ GAF.
Gran Turismo 4 Mobile JAP Termin 10.01.06
- Polyphony Digital gibt bekannt, dass das Rennspiel Gran Turismo 4 Mobile Click Picture im Frühjahr 2006 in Japan erscheinen soll.

PD say Spring 06 (isn't that a popular timeframe). So a year after GT4. Makes sense.

Do you know what - I really don't care nor can I say I'm looking much forward to it either. I'm actually more interested in games like that marble madness game, EXIT, that loco game... it just seems more like a game suitable for PSP rather than a complex game like Gran Turismo has always been....

portable games are usualy much better if they can be played in 10-15 minute chunks. while i have full faith that GT will be a fine racer, i'm not sure it's what i want in a portable game.

see colon said:
portable games are usualy much better if they can be played in 10-15 minute chunks. while i have full faith that GT will be a fine racer, i'm not sure it's what i want in a portable game.

Nah, not the PSP. I've been playing many games for several hours straight, especially GTA: LCS. Actually, it's the only game I've played from full battery until it died more than one time. That's how I discovered that the PSP goes to sleep mode when the battery is too low on power to play games (what a relief after that tricky mission in GTA I cleared just before the PSP turned itself off).

So, GT4 Mobile is one of those infamous spring releases, eh?

Phil said:
Do you know what - I really don't care nor can I say I'm looking much forward to it either. I'm actually more interested in games like that marble madness game, EXIT, that loco game....
That Loco game looks really swish. Great art style and character to the blobs). I love the 2D games appearing on PSP. There's lots of gameplay in 2D and PSP is the perfect patform to exploit this with it's large colourful screen (eg. Wroms and Lemmings, though I'm unsure about Lemmings' control). Plus if you use 2D sprites you can incorporate massive AA and make really nice looking games without jaggies of 3D polygons.

Back