What would the "perfect" 3d accelerator be like?

I'm surprised no one stated the obvious...the perfect accelerator is one that renders without that annoying artificial fog to hide the back clipping plane. It's everywhere....whether it be role playing games or flight simulators, almost anything rendered in 3D. And usually its only purpose is for performance considerations. It's like a cockroach....it must be squashed ;)

Only then will we have a perfect 3d world :smile:

The perfect 3d accelerator would have to be one which features infinite bandwith, processing ability, resolution, effects, memory, fillrate, can render in infinite ways(like holo, materialing stuff, directly transmitting to the mind, etc...) etc... It would also be easy to program, and with no bottlenecks... It would be a VERY VERY long time before they make one...heheh

I wonder when we are going to see <.13 graphic chips. Intel is supposedly introducing their .09 setup early next year IIRC, but how long will it take TSMC to get there?

Muhauhauah how much embedded memory could you fit on a .09 chip? :D

BTW I find it really interesting that Intel does not seriously enter the graphics market. They can obviously afford it, and they have a bazillion plants with AFAIK the most advanced fabrication process available...

I guess there will probally never be a perfect accelerator, but atleast we can count on them getting better every generation heheh...

After thinking a lot:

The 3D card will have ist own optimized, powerfull and flexible game engine with lots of usefull tools and great software support.

We will have games ready to use all its power after 6 months with the card :D

Back