What will happen in 100 years

Some very good guesses in general considering the time frame. Most have come true to a certain extent.

I only wish mosquitos and pests would spontaneously die off for all time. In some places yes, it has happened, but not everywhere.

And I had always hoped that we would move away from street cars in major cities and have a robust public transfer system in place. Dreams... I think when I say robust, I mean that it's used a lot because it'd be quicker and *cheaper* to use than having a vehicle. If you go to Singapore (for example), their MRT subway is heavily used as are their buses - they use a universal credit system that you just "top-up" with money and use. The fees are quite reasonable too and you can get anywhere really. The taxi business on the island is equally effective too. I dunno, I think the main thing is that I'd like to see fuel consumption go down... with the subway running all the time, it'd still be an improvement if more people switched to the public transit. And then it would just be a matter of the city building a bunch of stations in the heaviest or expected hot spots.

... something...

Back