What will be Nvidia's first 28nm part?

If week 38 sees SI out, then there is no time left for a pipecleaner.

May be, this time they just did an internal 28nm test gpu. *shrug*

„Wimbeldon” - I like that. :) Are they afraid to get sued by the tennis circus?

„Wimbeldon” - I like that. :) Are they afraid to get sued by the tennis circus?

Just a typo from Charlie, most likely. Wimbledon, Chelsea and Heathrow are just areas in London, I can't see how anyone could have the rights to that.

Heh, probably, but then he's making the same typo in his text and in his spreadsheet. Or it's one of the traps laid for the content thieves, he believes he's been stalked by lately.

Just did a google search on AMD, mobile, Wimbledon:
http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/22108-amds-28nm-mobile-gpu-roadmap-detailed
… and that's from march, with the same typo. ;)

edit:
Oh dear jesus...

The original DonanimHaber news, as well as the alleged leaked slide both feature the correct spelling, though. Weird.

Also both of you are forgetting the fact that this supposed chart is talking about Nvidia's mobile parts, and you're comparing this with AMD's desktop parts. The mobile parts typically lag desktop by a few months or more so take that into account as well.

Nvidia released 40nm mobile parts before any desktop...

> By released you mean they announced the mobile parts first? That may be true but unless im mistaken the desktop parts still shipped earlier than the mobile parts

Laptop design cycles are vastly different from selling cards in the channel. So graphics vendors try to hit the laptop update time lines (which depend on both holiday sales schedules as well as CPU road maps) and try and lock the designs in.

Typically mobile parts get taped out first (or at least around the same time as the high performance parts). Release to production is another matter since shipping of mobile computers is in the hands of the likes of Dell (and usually trail the desktop cards).

Laptop design cycles are vastly different from selling cards in the channel. So graphics vendors try to hit the laptop update time lines (which depend on both holiday sales schedules as well as CPU road maps) and try and lock the designs in.

Typically mobile parts get taped out first (or at least around the same time as the high performance parts). Release to production is another matter since shipping of mobile computers is in the hands of the likes of Dell (and usually trail the desktop cards).

Yep i know all that...basically all the extra testing and validation required for mobile parts usually results in a delay compared to the desktop parts, which is afaik what happened in the case of NV's 40nm, GT21x chips.

Back