What is the most important feature of LCD panels ?

pascal

Veteran
I am curious about what do you think.
Personally I look for good contrast.

edited: this thread was supposed to be a poll :( with the options: color accuracy, response time, contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Response time is generally less of an issue when looking at higher end monitors, so its moved way down on my list.

A LCD for me needs really nice contrast, and must have very very good black levels. In fact, I recently picked up a new CRT for my gaming system simply because of the black levels.

I also look for resolution, 1280x1024 is fine for me for the most part, but this depends greatly upon the size, for a 19" 1280x1024 will do fine, with higher as a added bonus, anything larger than 19" and the resolution better get a good step up.

It has to look better than those really expensive CRT monitors(even those 3 year old LCD monitors achieve this :LOL: ).

Colour needs to look great.

I don't think there is a specific "most important feature." I always look at contrast ratio, response time, color reproduction and brightness equally.

For me, it MUST have DVI in. If it doesn't have that, then it doesn't matter how good all the other stuff is.

Naturally I wouldn't consider just any LCD unit with DVI in, but I wouldn't consider any without it.

Skrying said:
Response time is generally less of an issue when looking at higher end monitors, so its moved way down on my list.

A LCD for me needs really nice contrast, and must have very very good black levels. In fact, I recently picked up a new CRT for my gaming system simply because of the black levels.

I also look for resolution, 1280x1024 is fine for me for the most part, but this depends greatly upon the size, for a 19" 1280x1024 will do fine, with higher as a added bonus, anything larger than 19" and the resolution better get a good step up.
I agree with you about contrast :)

I added a polll here specifically for HDTV LCDs: http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26779

Back