What is the best nForce 3 socket 939 motherboard to get?

Monty

Regular
Subject says most of it, but im looking to replace my lowly 2ghz xp, it just aint cutting it anymore.

im planning on either getting a 3000 amd 64 (venice core) or a 3200 then overclocking it, but i have no idea on what motherboard to get, i usually go for abit (personally like them) but they dont have any nForce 3 motherboards. So, is there any other options?

Monty

nForce4 doesn't have integrated graphics...
Only one of the version of the chipset does, you can just select a MoBo which doesn't have that chipset..

I have an ASUS A8N-SLI, I think the Deluxe version is even better. (wasn't available at the time of my purchase.)
nForce4 & socket939 MoBo w/o integrated graphics.

Althornin said:
why not nforce 4?

Blazkowicz said:
to spare the hassle of buying the same (or near) video card again in PCIe ?

i have a 6800 agp, so like blazkowick said, i dont feel like spending the extra money to buy a comparable pci-e card anytime in the near future.

digitalwanderer said:
I have an agp X800 TT so was looking into the same thing about a good 939/AGP mobo a while back at Elite Bastards and got some seriously good advice/opinions on the matter in this thread and crossposted about it over in this thread here....but I bookmarked 'em both so I can find 'em again the night I get honked and go nuts at Newegg.com. ;)

cheers,

i'll probably go for that A8V Deluxe, if i can get it to the levels of HTT they are getting it to i'll be very happy :D

Just curious, what memory did you go for in the end?

Back