What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about CSS, and believe me, these people are hacking. I'm pretty darn good myself at exploiting sound to gain an advantage. I listen for every possible indication of movement and such, and I use simple logic to determine what another players' most likely path to take will be and so on.

But these people hack, blatently. I'm talking about trailing someone for a good 5 minutes, following a path that is 'expertly' designed to intercept them. They then do things like start backing off as the other play comes closer, running around a few corners and perfectly bouncing flashbangs and such so that they perfectly blind the oncoming player, before just strolling in and capping them in the head. To see it is to confirm it, these people hack. And there are LOTS of them... The problem is that hacks are so readily available and easy to use. That MPC Forum or whatever is the most common resource, they even have colour coded daily-updated lists for even the most stupid of hackers. A quick glance shows tested and working wallhacks, anti-recoil scripts, coloured models, anti-smoke...you name it, all you need is an account. It sucks balls.

Personally I believe a large portion of the community use hacks in some form, some are simple opaque walls, others coloured models, but there are just far too many obvious super-dooper-magicall-happy-lucky kills that just don't make sense and can't be blamed on lag, that it can't be anything else. I'm not angry or anything, but that's just how it is.

CS could do without sniper rifles entirely. I really hate to sound like a fanboy but there's plenty of games that do sniping right, like BF2 and Far Cry. Probably because it's 60% more spacious than CS. Nothing really constitutes a sniper rifle in CS. It's pathetic, the only joy I get out of CS anymore is whoring my awful sprays. And I'm not trying to promote my skill, I'm a mediocre CS player at best. And Sobek is right. Asking to nix out hacking would be like asking all those gold farmers that would whisper me during my WoW career to stop and actually having it happen.

Oh well, I'll stick to my WoW for now. Gold spammers really are not that annoying (its not like its a stream, I'm lucky if I get one a day) and I certainly don't think anyone is hacking in the arena's.

BG&E has the worst endboss ever. Ever. I've been trying and trying, but I just can't beat the piece of shit. 34 times I counted that i've tried now. 34 times i've had to listen to that same boring, pathetic, unskippable garbage every single time that worthless mess of polygons talks.

It's bad enough that i'm expected to follow some drawn out, boring pattern of attacks, but that the controls are reversed is just downright stupid. There just isn't enough time between attacking sideways to charge up a vertical attack...there just isn't. The fact that Jade is drugged to the point where her controls magically reverse doesn't help either.

This is truly the absolute low point of the game, a real downer on what's been a pretty darn good experience thus far. Normally, I don't find these kinds of boss battles difficult at all (and believe me, i've dealt with my fair share of crazy-insane-hard boss battles before), but none so frustratingly shit as this. :devilish:

*edit* Ahh, 46th time's the charm...finally got it. 9/10 game for sure, the missing one is because of that boss battle. Needless to say, those credits / that ending totally redeemed it. It's so clear they definitely were going for sequels... I hope the rumours hold up. If I don't get a sequel, i'm going to kill someone! :LOL: Seriously, what an emotionally charging game, truly an epic adventure. Pity other releases stole the limelight :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finally finally finished Resistance SP. Lack of time, RSI and small other gaming distractions have kept me from doing so (finished Super Rub-a-Duck on all golds, of all things), but then again the fact that I've finished a game in the first place is pretty amazing, as that doesn't happen too often. It's a testament to the game having superb playability (and being easy enough on normal level I guess ;) ). The Cathedral section was one of the rarer tough spots for me.

So now it's Super Stardust, which I love, and I guess some Resistance MP coming up. ;) Also I finally popped in God of War 2 and played it until a big stone foot crushed me to the delight of my girlfriend who hates Kratos' guts with a vengeance (which is partly why I haven't finished God of War I yet either).

I'm talking about CSS, and believe me, these people are hacking. I'm pretty darn good myself at exploiting sound to gain an advantage. I listen for every possible indication of movement and such, and I use simple logic to determine what another players' most likely path to take will be and so on.

But these people hack, blatently. I'm talking about trailing someone for a good 5 minutes, following a path that is 'expertly' designed to intercept them. They then do things like start backing off as the other play comes closer, running around a few corners and perfectly bouncing flashbangs and such so that they perfectly blind the oncoming player, before just strolling in and capping them in the head. To see it is to confirm it, these people hack. And there are LOTS of them... The problem is that hacks are so readily available and easy to use. That MPC Forum or whatever is the most common resource, they even have colour coded daily-updated lists for even the most stupid of hackers. A quick glance shows tested and working wallhacks, anti-recoil scripts, coloured models, anti-smoke...you name it, all you need is an account. It sucks balls.

Personally I believe a large portion of the community use hacks in some form, some are simple opaque walls, others coloured models, but there are just far too many obvious super-dooper-magicall-happy-lucky kills that just don't make sense and can't be blamed on lag, that it can't be anything else. I'm not angry or anything, but that's just how it is.

Really not to be offensive, but people like you ruin the game. This is why good CSS players only frequent a few servers. I play on a team that went to cal-m, and tbh, some people are so good at CS its inhuman. I was good enough to be banned from almost every server I played on until I just gave up and fucked around on whenever I was on a pub servers. In my experience, there are very few people that actually hack, and a lot of times they are very obvious to good players. And I'm not bragging or anything, but when you treat the game like a sport you end up understanding a lot more about what can be done within the bounds of the game.

The reason people like you ruin the game is because they run around shouting hacker hacker! or even worse they are the mod and they "insta-ban" you after you've killed them enough times.

Anyways, I played the game competitevely for 2 years, and cs in general for ~ 10, and tbh I don't believe your assertion that a "large portion" of the CSS community hacks, though that term is vague. I don't know the exact % but it isn't large, and those players usually get named by either VAC or an admin.

Anyways, thats why I always stuck to either private or "elite" public servers where I knew all the admins through comp play. Most pubs are garbage in comparison.

Interesting... So the people that go out of their way to remove disruptive and generally unwanted hackers are in fact ruining the game? By that very logic, leaving these people alone so they may hack all they like and ruin games for everyone would be the way to go. That's not very smart.

I think you've confused me with someone who instantly thinks anyone with a decent level of skill is a hacker. You couldn't be more wrong. When, and if EVER I see someone hacking, I submit a report, note down their name and the time they were on, and let the higher powers deal with it...I don't run around screaming "HACKER HACKER!"... In fact, I find it offensive that you would suggest I even do that. I know skill when I see it, hell, I know extreme skill when I see it too. When I accuse someone (publicly or otherwise), you can bet your rear end i'm beyond certain of their misdeeds...but again, I don't really do that ever. I let an admin know in one way or another, and I let them deal with it.

I suppose I could narrow things down a little. I only play on servers in my own country, which essentially means those operated by major ISP's and 'high profile' gaming leagues. On these servers over the last 2 years or so, I can safely say that nine times out of ten I encounter at least one confirmed, undeniable hacker each and every night I play. Again, these are confirmed hackers... I'm not just getting killed by someone with a higher level of skill and getting all shitty-bitter about it.

I appreciate that you take your thoughts on the matter as seriously as I do, but please, don't make assumptions about people like me unless you know everything you need to know first. It really is insulting...

LOTRO. Got my hobbit hunter up to the rank of Guardsman in Monster play and he's a few blocks from 49th level. Also have a plethora of alts of various ranks.

Are the Kha'ak hard ?
do you see much Kha'ak action ?

Nerd rant warning! :LOL:
If you meet several of them at the same time then yes they are hard since they are fast and they have Kyon emitters (kind of laser) that hits quite precisly. But no they arent seen much and usually holds themselfs to the sector borders. But what a rush to take down a Destroyer fitted with 18 gamma Kyon emitters with 3 Titan's! ;)

For those interested my guild downed Gruul last night. Here is a screenshot of a dead Gruul on the floor of his lair. The loot is shown in the screenshot, we're hoping to get him on farm status soon and then move on.

So the Kha'ak expand rapidly then ?

OT/
Yes I found them to be scouting out my garden. No doubt they where going to expand close to me for a hidden attack. Rapid expansion I say! ;)

How about I take you on a tour through my spaceweed/spacefuel empire? :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back