What are the PCI Express Motherboards with 939 Socket Support?

grecco_julio

Newcomer
I need help to find good PCI-Express motherboards with Athlon 939 socket processor support, because I'm intending to upgrade my X800 XL AGP to a X1800 XT PCI videocard. It would be greatly apreciated if someone here could reply with information.

Thanks in advance, Di

Well..... there are a ton. A price limit would be nice, assuming by your graphics card selection then you are willing to spend a bit.

Also, I think this thread would be better served in the hardware section of the forums.

Are you looking to get a CrossFire rig sometime as well? That's the one class of motherboards that's hard to find. I'm not sure how well we can expect Crossfire to work on a Nvidia motherboard, and Via's next generation chipset isn't out yet.

My rig is based on a Abit AV8 and I've been happy with it. If I was building a PCI-Express box, I'd go with the Abit AX8 right now.

I've got a couple ECS (KN1, KN1-SLI) boards and a couple DFI (Infinity, Infinity SLI) boards (all 939 w/ PCI-E). None have been a problem.

Any other specific features you would like? Planning on overclocking? The Infinities are basically LanParty boards without extra cables and stuff like that.

You cannot go wrong with Asus, and any current nForce chipset is good. The Asus A8N-E is a very nice one, like madmartyau said.

Back