Welp It's Official - SCEF president: PS3 launch details at E3

Well, since the prior reference is to the PSP's launch, when did George Fornay state that the PSP was launching? Was he being generalist or Europe specific?

Launch details includes price and stuff too. The info that Japan was to get only the HDD version and at a cheaper price too came after all the other dates and prices IIRC. regards PSP there was no EU launch date. There was a target window that got pushed back. And back. And back again.

In both cases there wasn't a single announcement to cover all locations and prices and bundles for all territories.

George Fornay is talking about the European market (France precisley).

Nevertheless, a spring launch in any territories from the latest news is really unlikely, anyway.

BTW, the article states that MS sold 100K X360 in France, and that MSF expect this number to grow up to 200K by february.

It also says that MS is shipping the console from the chinese manufacturers, Wistron and Flextronics, via plane (which is more costly than by boat) to accelerate the deliveries to the retail chains. The article makes a brief mention about the newly announced and now third chinese manufacturer of X360, Selestica.

Vysez said:
Nevertheless, a spring launch in any territories from the latest news is really unlikely, anyway.

News, or rumour? ;)

Let's not forget that Spring apparently extends into the middle of June. I'd be highly highly surprised if PS3 is not launched in one territory by June.

Hardknock said:
the device of launching will be specified in May, at the time of the world Living room of the video games E3, in Los Angeles. Useless to excite itself: the PSP had been announced for March and it arrived last September, without that affecting the sales.

If there's any truth to this, the SCEF president is obviously talking about the european release as he's referring to the european PSP launch. There can still be a Japan and NA release in mid/late spring.

Hardknock said:
I would think they'd give launch details for all territories at the same time, wouldn't you?

They didn't for the PS1, PS2 or PSP...

Hardknock said:
I knew all along they were never going to launch in Spring. I can see them launching Summer in Japan, Fall in the U.S. and then Europe probably 2007.

Where does it say the PS3 is not coming out in the spring?

seismologist said:
Since when do we rely on SCEF for confirmation of anything. You are grasping at straws if this is the only proof you've got.

Who said I have proof? This is just yet another of several indication that there won't be such a February event. Why people are still holding out for one is beyond me. Could one happen? Sure, but if I were a betting man, I'm betting on "no." The ones "grasping at straws" are the ones clinging to some hope that there will be some kind a fanefare filled launch event in Feb...

The February event is likely to concentrate on the Japan launch and details of the launch in Japan.
I suspect there won't be given any date for EU and US launches at all in the February event.'The US launch details will be presented in E3, and possibly also the EU launch details, although again, I wouldn't be surprised if the EU launch details would be given after E3.
Think PSP launch and apply a similar timeframes to PS3 launch and I think we'll be pretty close.

Well hell man Sony is starting to cut it a little close you think? They only have 5 more days until we're in the month of Feburary. Would they announce the festival the same month that it starts?

Joe DeFuria said:
What February event? ;)
Don't worry even if it's buried, it's already set that Kutaragi is going to do a keynote speech at ISSCC 2006 on Feb 6 anyway :LOL:

Shifty Geezer said:
Launch details includes price and stuff too. The info that Japan was to get only the HDD version and at a cheaper price too came after all the other dates and prices IIRC. regards PSP there was no EU launch date. There was a target window that got pushed back. And back. And back again.

In both cases there wasn't a single announcement to cover all locations and prices and bundles for all territories.

I was refering to launch expectations. In every case PSP, DS and Xbox 360. We all got launch expectations for all major territories at the same time. Xbox 360 - simultaneous launch due in the Fall of 2005. DS - Launch in Japan and U.S. Fall of 2004, Europe Spring 2005. PSP - same timeframe as DS. Of course it's normal for pricing, specific date and other things to not be released until closer to each individual region's launch.

Hardknock said:
I knew all along they were never going to launch in Spring. I can see them launching Summer in Japan, Fall in the U.S. and then Europe probably 2007.
Spring ends June 21st. They have plenty of time.

Back