Welp It's Official - SCEF president: PS3 launch details at E3

Hardknock

Veteran
Got this from GAF:

Straight from the mouth of SCEF president, George Fornay. The following is from Figaro:

'Le dispositif de lancement sera précisé en mai, lors du Salon mondial des jeux vidéo E3, à Los Angeles. Inutile de s'exciter : la PSP avait été annoncée pour mars et elle est arrivée en septembre dernier, sans que cela affecte les ventes.'

Babelfish:

the device of launching will be specified in May, at the time of the world Living room of the video games E3, in Los Angeles. Useless to excite itself: the PSP had been announced for March and it arrived last September, without that affecting the sales.'

Hardknock said:
Got this from GAF:

Babelfish:

So do you think that means it wont launch any earlier than E3 in JP or NA? If they announce it then (E3), ive got to think July would be the earliest we would see it anywhere...

Joe DeFuria said:
What about the "February Event?" ;)

Joe, can we wait for February to be over please? ;)

Believe me I'll be the first to sing your praises if/when one doesn't occur. :cool:

expletive said:
So do you think that means it wont launch any earlier than E3 in JP or NA? If they announce it then (E3), ive got to think July would be the earliest we would see it anywhere...
i think that definatly rules out a launch in NA or EU before then. i wouldn't expect it to launch in JP before then, either. i wonder how sony will handle this launch. like microsoft (almost syncronous worldwide release) or like nintendo (NA->JP->EU)

Joe DeFuria said:
What about the "February Event?" ;)

First hands-on demos, or announcement of the offical launch for E3? If it's in Tokyo could it be the Japanese launch with E3 being the NA launch?

I knew all along they were never going to launch in Spring. I can see them launching Summer in Japan, Fall in the U.S. and then Europe probably 2007.

More what I want to know is if this quote is real. I have a high suspicion meter when it comes to anything GAF related.

xbdestroya said:
More what I want to know is if this quote is real. I have a high suspicion meter when it comes to anything GAF related.

I would be as well, but it's from Izzy. If you frequent GAF at all, you'll know he's probably the most ardent Sony supporter on that site. Even been accused of being a viral marketer. I doubt he'd make this up.

Hardknock said:
I would be as well, but it's from Izzy. If you frequent GAF at all, you'll know he's probably the most ardent Sony supporter on that site. Even been accused of being a viral marketer. I doubt he'd make this up.

Well, not saying he did, but he could make this up to make it look better than it really is... Which would be worrying if you ask me... ;)

Hardknock said:

Well, I don't frequent GAF, but I don't doubt you when you give Izzy's 'allegiances.' Still though, if the president of SCEF made these comments, I would imagine some sort of news source would have been on them. I mean, who did he make these comments to?

If this all ends up being real that's all well and good, I'm just checking my bases as it were.

Johnny Awesome said:
This is news?

Indeed, what would be so surprising about this?

Well I guess it might be surprising if he was referring to Japanese launch details, but something tells me as the head of SCEF, he wasn't.

Back