waxing vs sugaring (hair removal for those sensitive spots)

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
Okay boys, I need some advice- to wax or to sugar? I'm a big hairy ape and shaving just makes me harrier! And what about this inhibitor stuff you can buy? Anyone got some advice?

Oh yeah, and I'm talking about legs, unmentionables, chest, armpits, etc... basically everything below the neck.

Oh, while I'm at it- I have really oily skin and my pores get clogged easily. Been searching and can't find any advice online about how to remedy the problem.

When I want to shave my pubic region I:

Wash it with hot water (not too hot, you don't want to burn).

Pour honey on the region you wish to shave.

Then pour glue on it.

Then pull as hard as you can.

Trust me, it works. :)

K.I.L.E.R said:
When I want to shave my pubic region I:

Wash it with hot water (not too hot, you don't want to burn).

Pour honey on the region you wish to shave.

Then pour glue on it.

Then pull as hard as you can.

Trust me, it works. :)

pull? pull what? I assume you mean put a piece of cotton cloth on it? And what's the purpose of the glue? do you mix the honey and glue, or is it more like two layers? Also, isnt honey a bit expensive for such use?

I just shave with Gillette and foam. I've tried those chemicals that 'burn' the hair away, but it irritates the skin (especially in genital area, I don't want to look like a baboon afterwards)
I'm moderately hairy only from the waist down. I hate my hairy legs, but I haven't bothered to shave them regularely.
I would like some chest hair to balance my hairiness.

Edit: Is that 'sugaring' thing something you can do at home, or would one need to go to some 'hair removal clinic'

Re: waxing vs sugaring (hair removal for those sensitive spo

Sage said:
Oh, while I'm at it- I have really oily skin and my pores get clogged easily. Been searching and can't find any advice online about how to remedy the problem.

Im not a hair remover since the gf is quite a fna of a bit of hair, so i manscape instead... On the skin thing though get yourself a good cleanser I use Nivea for mean (the one in the green bottle). It takes the oil and shine from your skin while not over drying. I dont mosturise but you "should" do that as well...

Take a loan out and do Laser. Much better and in the end u'll save money (think about having to spend money to wax or shave until u die, instead of a few laser treatments that remove ur hair forever).

Personally i only occasionally use sugaring on my chest, it's supposed to be better for the skin than any other "commercially viable" methods, and in theory slows down hair regrowth (hair comes up thinner and lighter apparently, although i still havent noticed much of a difference).

Also, there is a cream u can buy which needs to be used 2ice a week for 2 weeks (then u discontinue) which will virtually stop hair regrowth after u wax or shave. Trying it now, will let u know if it really works in about 2 weeks time :LOL: ;)

I get my back waxed before summer cause i'm italian and well u know .

But as for the general well I shave him . once a week for that then i trim around it to keep it it looking nice.

Thats about it .

Wax hurts like a bitch . But its a thing left over from my ex so whatever .

jvd said:
I get my back waxed before summer cause i'm italian and well u know .

But as for the general well I shave him . once a week for that then i trim around it to keep it it looking nice.

Thats about it .

Wax hurts like a bitch . But its a thing left over from my ex so whatever .

Hairy back?......................

You get used to waxing i guess, unless u're like a gorilla, which i assume u r since u even have hair on ur HIM.

If you have money, use laser. A friend did it and has now no more problem as it is definitive. Don't sure about the price but was expensive and he needed several sessions to have all done.

PatrickL said:
If you have money, use laser. A friend did it and has now no more problem as it is definitive. Don't sure about the price but was expensive and he needed several sessions to have all done.

Yep, it can take a while, but in the end it's well worth it. And prices are going down now, and will only go down with time.

I was gonna do it a bit on my face since i HATE, DESPISE shaving, it just freaking hurts, but i'm not in the position to spend money on this stuff at the moment....

I have about 3 chest hairs and it takes a week for any growth to show up on my face. Barely any underarm hair either. Hell the hair on my head takes forever to grow in. I could get a haircut once a month/month-and-a-half or so and be fine.

Noooooo experience whatsoever in the hair removal department.

My gay friends say I'm a lucky bastard. But goddamnit I want a goattee. :?

heh i got a full chest and tummy of hair .

Had it since i was like 17 .

Hairy guy but hey it keeps me warm at night when i lay in bed all alone :cry:

jvd said:

JVD IS A BEAR!! JVD IS A BEAR!! JVD IS A BEAR!! JVD IS A BEAR!!

(to the unknowing straight guys, a "bear" in the gay world is the typical "daddy", big hairy bloke with the mustache who likes to harrass cute young boys in bars when the cute young boys are out with their friends, knowing I wouldn't touch them with rubber gloves, and i have a man anyway!) (Oh sorry i got carried away...)

london-boy said:
jvd said:

JVD IS A BEAR!! JVD IS A BEAR!! JVD IS A BEAR!! JVD IS A BEAR!!

(to the unknowing straight guys, a "bear" in the gay world is the typical "daddy", big hairy bloke with the mustache who likes to harrass cute young boys in bars when the cute young boys are out with their friends, knowing I wouldn't touch them with rubber gloves, and i have a man anyway!) (Oh sorry i got carried away...)

na i don't do good with facial hair . my face gets all dry and flakes up so i shave almost every day

The Dig now uses a hair removal stick to remove unwanted hair from me ears & nose ("hair removal stick"=cheap $10us nose hair trimmer from CVS), and I still use a disposable razor to keep me gents smooth and to accenuate and define me pubic hairs.

Waxing = no.

PenguinJim said:
No, bad.

Not only what London-boy said, but it's horrible for your pores too! (I don't really worry about that too much since I ain't all that vain, I just watch WAY too much "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" not to know that one. ;) )

Back