Virtual Fighter 5 video

Nesh said:
I think you are confusing beat em ups a la Streets of Rage with fighting games :p

The correct term is 'Brawler'. :) And we are long overdue for some new takes on brawlers. The Warriors game Rockstar released is pretty good though.

Nesh said:
I think you are confusing beat em ups a la Streets of Rage with fighting games :p

nahh... I didn't really describe one or the other in my post . i love one on one fighting games as well as multiplayer fighting games (a la powerstone) but as moe pointed out brawlers need to make a comeback... ;)

Nesh said:
Float combos?You mean jaggling combos?

Yeah, the same thing though juggle, is used more in games like Marvel Vs Capcom, where you can sent the juggled target back up into the air thus keeping them there for infinite, basically juggling. In VF4 characters just float and comes down.

I dont think old Virtua Fighter hardcore fans will like that much hehe.Especially in VF4 jaggling combos were an element of skill, timing and accuracy on which you had to spend lots of practice to be able to master them :p

Float combos in VF4 are easy to do, you don't need as much timing as say VF2 or VF3. I want in VF5 those kind of combos to require really strict timing and accuracy, if they want to put it in.

Back