Virtual Fighter 5 video

After watching the clips over and over and looking at new screens :) Graphics seems to be alright, inline with everything else, nothing mind blowing, but definitely not underwhelming like DOA4.

The new girl, is without a doubt fights with saruken (monkey style). Akira still has his old rimon chouchu, Jacky seems to show a new miss escape animation, and Akira follows it with something like his choushinchu, but without going into his teiroukanpo stance and cause stagger. Another cut, Akira is either doing a new step follow by byakko soushouda or he can access it from his old step. It couse crumble and Akira follow it with his shura combo.

That new wrestler El Blaze seems to have expanded list of wall technique from VF4. Jeffry seems to have new throw animation. Pai is doing her renkan against Aoi, nothing seems to be new.

Can't wait to see hear more gameplay info. I want to see how the float combo is implemented on this one, I felt they went overboard in VF4, hopefully they fix it or go without.

V3 said:
After watching the clips over and over and looking at new screens :) Graphics seems to be alright, inline with everything else, nothing mind blowing, but definitely not underwhelming like DOA4.

The new girl, is without a doubt fights with saruken (monkey style). Akira still has his old rimon chouchu, Jacky seems to show a new miss escape animation, and Akira follows it with something like his choushinchu, but without going into his teiroukanpo stance and cause stagger. Another cut, Akira is either doing a new step follow by byakko soushouda or he can access it from his old step. It couse crumble and Akira follow it with his shura combo.

That new wrestler El Blaze seems to have expanded list of wall technique from VF4. Jeffry seems to have new throw animation. Pai is doing her renkan against Aoi, nothing seems to be new.

Can't wait to see hear more gameplay info. I want to see how the float combo is implemented on this one, I felt they went overboard in VF4, hopefully they fix it or go without.

Theres a rumor that "float combos" have been taken out of VF5

:oops:

Mefisutoferesu said:
Laa=yosh, how can you tell the resolution of the map on Jin? Not doubting you, I just have no clue how you can tell. Is it experience or is there some sort of tell?

Yeah, we've been working with such detailed characters on both our previous and current project.

BlueTsunami said:
Theres a rumor that "float combos" have been taken out of VF5

:oops:

Where did you hear that from ? That would be awsome. High damage and no float combos, would make for interesting game.

Laa-Yosh said:
Yeah, we've been working with such detailed characters on both our previous and current project.

Who is we? What company if you don't mind? If you also don't mind what is the current project?

mckmas8808 said:
Who is we? What company if you don't mind? If you also don't mind what is the current project?

He could tell you but then he'd have to kill you.

Seriously, Laa-Yosh is a CGI guy so you probably won't get names you'd appreciate (game developers and stuff) :D

london-boy said:
He could tell you but then he'd have to kill you.

Seriously, Laa-Yosh is a CGI guy so you probably won't get names you'd appreciate (game developers and stuff) :D

Ahh man. *kicks dust on ground* I would have like to know what product they were working on now and in the past though. I wonder if it's something I've seen before. Hmmm....

the picture is 1920*1080 so a 2048*2048 map should be enough for what we see ...
for a combat game it could easily the highest-rez achievable.

mckmas8808 said:
Ahh man. *kicks dust on ground* I would have like to know what product they were working on now and in the past though. I wonder if it's something I've seen before. Hmmm....

I think they are working on the CG for the new Warhammer game. He posted some work in progress in one of the thread, looks really nice.

V3 said:
I think they are working on the CG for the new Warhammer game. He posted some work in progress in one of the thread, looks really nice.

Ohh yeah I seen that post. Man he's still working on that? I think he posted it in a "Is KZ real or fake" thread. I would try to find it buy you know how many threads were started with that video so...

You could always search for my posts by clicking on the username...

Phil:
the picture is 1920*1080 so a 2048*2048 map should be enough for what we see ...

The texture should cover the whole head, ears, and part of the neck. So it's a larger area than what you see on screen; and you also want to have texels smaller then pixels when you're doing CGI. A 2K map would be pixelated in such a close-up...

V3 said:
Where did you hear that from ? That would be awsome. High damage and no float combos, would make for interesting game.
Float combos?You mean jaggling combos?

I dont think old Virtua Fighter hardcore fans will like that much hehe.Especially in VF4 jaggling combos were an element of skill, timing and accuracy on which you had to spend lots of practice to be able to master them :p

Nesh said:
Float combos?You mean jaggling combos?

I dont think old Virtua Fighter hardcore fans will like that much hehe.Especially in VF4 jaggling combos were an element of skill, timing and accuracy on which you had to spend lots of practice to be able to master them :p

Sorry for the late response but I heard it from GAF. Some hardcore VF players over there so I would take their word for it. Also, I like Air Juggles being taken out because it was just un realistic. Keep it on the ground, hand to hand brawls.

BlueTsunami said:
Sorry for the late response but I heard it from GAF. Some hardcore VF players over there so I would take their word for it. Also, I like Air Juggles being taken out because it was just un realistic. Keep it on the ground, hand to hand brawls.
hehe I d like to see a realistic fighting game too with choreographies, logic and tactics just like real fights and martial art matches.

Indeed jaggling combos arent realistic.

But how well are the hardcore VF players over there recieving the idea of no jaggling combos?They usually dont like major changes.Just curious :p

I recently saw this movie and I wished I d see a fighting game having realistic fights looking as good like in Tekken or VF

076D5VIZ001_1.jpg

10795.jpg

Also Tekken is overdoing it with unrealistic jaggling combos.Although I am a Tekken hardcore fan I d like to see some major changes so that the fighst will look as realistic as possible.But I dont think other hardcore fans will want that :p

Nesh said:
hehe I d like to see a realistic fighting game too with choreographies, logic and tactics just like real fights and martial art matches.

Indeed jaggling combos arent realistic.

But how well are the hardcore VF players over there recieving the idea of no jaggling combos?They usually dont like major changes.Just curious :p

I recently saw this movie and I wished I d see a fighting game having realistic fights looking as good like in Tekken or VF

076D5VIZ001_1.jpg

10795.jpg

Also Tekken is overdoing it with unrealistic jaggling combos.Although I am a Tekken hardcore fan I d like to see some major changes so that the fighst will look as realistic as possible.But I dont think other hardcore fans will want that :p

There taking it well, nothing really bad. Its looked at as being more sim like (with these changes). I also think it will make the battles feel more solid. I hope if the players can be knocked around in any way, that the way the fly back is as realistic as possible. I honestly really like where VF5 is going with the series.

I've been meaning to watch Ongbok, looks very interesting.

Personally i would love to see a realistic looking multiplayer non fps game along the lines of double dragon, streets of rage or Final Fight. That would be *fun.* Alot of the games we play nowadays look and play realistically but aint fun...

In fighting games i dont want to fight in an arena i want to fight in a level.

BlueTsunami said:
There taking it well, nothing really bad. Its looked at as being more sim like (with these changes). I also think it will make the battles feel more solid. I hope if the players can be knocked around in any way, that the way the fly back is as realistic as possible. I honestly really like where VF5 is going with the series.

Thats good,The fact that thgey are taking it well I mean :).
It would be great if they manage to make it more sim like,
I've been meaning to watch Ongbok, looks very interesting.
You ll be very impressed with the guy's skills.No special effects, no strings, no ropes.Anything he does in the movie is doing it for real.If you love martial art movies and like watching real martial art skills I recommend it a LOT ;)
I hope developers get a few ideas from that movie

blakjedi said:
Personally i would love to see a realistic looking multiplayer non fps game along the lines of double dragon, streets of rage or Final Fight. That would be *fun.* Alot of the games we play nowadays look and play realistically but aint fun...

In fighting games i dont want to fight in an arena i want to fight in a level.
I think you are confusing beat em ups a la Streets of Rage with fighting games :p

Back